Printer recommendations?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Kat, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I have an HP printer. It does pretty good but it's large and bulky. I wouldn't mind as much if it printed larger than an 8x11 page.

I need wireless and good quality photo prints as I am going to do some pocket page style albums so I'll print photos and digital goods too.

What printers do you have and love?

2. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I have a large format Canon that I love - but I got it as part of a photography bundle so I didn't buy it, per se. It's a Pro-100. I'd say Canon and Epson in general seem to produce great quality prints.

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have an OLD Canon Pixma printer... like a 7120 I think? Yeah I found it HERE. It's discontinued now, but I'm sure they have newer versions available. I've been pretty happy with my printer since I only paid $99 for it and I've been using it for lots of year.

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have had Epsom and Canon and both are good. Currently I have a Canon Pixma. I haven't checked stores lately but I know they now have printers with refillable ink cartridges so its more cost efficient. That's what I'm going to look at next time.

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have an old Canon prima too. I love it,and would get can on again. If you use the original ink, photos don't fade at all.

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. Kat

Here's the one I ended up with. I'm testing it out now. I also love that it's white. My desk is white and my silhouette cameo is white so it's all very clean looking.

Canon Pixma TS9521C

It's a photo and craft printer and should even print the 12x12 size for layouts, assuming I can find that size paper.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    Karen and busywoman139 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yay for a new printer. I’d love to hear what you think after your testing.

8. Kat

So far, it seems to go off and disconnect itself a lot. And is a tad slow. The quality of the prints are great so far but I'm not sure if I love it.

9. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

so, I came after printer recommendation too, I have the HP Sprocket for my photos, I am making mini books and TN/Passport sizes on hybrid , I have been doing all manual and stuff I cut from magazines, the Sprocket prints great mobile photos but sometimes they are too small, plus I need a printer to get elements & papers from kits printed....
    Funny thing.... our printer is also Cannon Pixma.... but run out of ink so fast, and I looked how much the cartridges are: I think is over £30 ....even the cheapest in Amazon were.... taking into account that you can buy a new printer for that, I was thinking about buying a new one....
    I ll have a look what model ours is....

One problem we run into when we bought this one, which is supposed to be wifi- was that something didnt agree between printer and iMac... not sure what it was, can it be that the USB is 3.0 and the computer is 2.0?
    I know Sarita made me buy a cable to connect it...
    I would love to know the difference in between the 2.0 and 3.0 also as I need to buy new EHDrives and not sure what USB is my iMac and what to buy.....
    I'm such a disaster with technology!!!!
    anyway, I better get to sleep, my eyes are killing me.
    Be back tomorrow!!!!

Kat likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

It just so HAPPENS that we bought a new printer last week, I also HAPPEN to have another puzzle piece here for you ...
    puzzle happen.png
    join in here for fun and games
    [​IMG]

11. Claire Grantham

Claire Grantham Pollywog

I'm new to this, but I have been doing Hybrid layouts for my travelers notebook and printing those using my HP Officejet 6962 and matt photo paper and they are coming out wonderfully. I love this printer, we have had it about 5 months

Cherylndesigns likes this.