Print, Cut & Journal With Me | Hear My Voice 'Questioning'

Discussion in 'Announcement Pad' started by Rachel Jefferies, May 20, 2022.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Grab a snack and a drink, this video is ten minutes long, I hope you enjoy it :beat

marijke and amandaresende like this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Very cool Rachel :) I never watched someone make a junk journal IRL.. very neat re printing all and cutting and pasting.. loved the collaging and watching.. thanks for showing! SO interesting and fun!

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  3. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is wonderful! I adore your voice - it's so soothing!!

I have to admit, I have never done a junk journal and I don't quite understand it's purpose. I think I am stuck in the idea that scrapbooking is the recording of memories, so I have a harder time doing a page that doesn't have some sort of memory attached to it. Even my Art Journaling has a photo or memory attached 99 times out of 100.

Hybrid is intriguing to me, but I am absolutely all thumbs when it comes to scissors. It looks to me like I need to challenge myself...

Rachel Jefferies likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're making me want to start doing some hybrid projects. I normally use the Travelers Notebooks. Thanks for the inspiration.

5. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Aww you are so sweet!!

There is a lot of overlap between Art Journaling, Collage and Junk Journaling. To be honest, my junk journal is also an art journal, to me there is not much difference between the two but I tend to call it a junk journal as it's so tatty but it could be labelled as an art journal too. I also keep a travellers notebook size journal, and that is for lighter collage, I sometimes put photos in there and it's a mixture between collage, art journal and all about me hybrid pages.

I just don't worry about it and I don't even worry if I have plain collage, art journal pages/photo pages all in the same book, I just do whatever takes my fancy at any given time :giggle

I have even been known to do what I call :gigglepbackwards hybrid :D:giggle, where I make a tangible page and then scan it and then carry on working on it digitally and save the digital project :beat

Just do what inspires you, that's the beauty of this project, it's all encompassing and covers all the project genres :beat

cfile and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Ahhhhh this!!!! I'll definitely be printing more!!!