Prime Day

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Y'all, they got me. DH has been wanting an Xbox One and I keep saying "No, we have a Wii U" or "No, cuz when would you find time to play it?" etc etc etc, but they have a deal for the Xbox One S bundle for $229. That's $70 off. Do you know how much DS stuff I could buy with that $70 savings?! So I bought that and some digital download game codes (or however you even word that lol) as well as the physical copy of the new LEGO Incredibles 2 game for the kids. I'll save that until Christmas. And I bought my favorite K Cup of all time, the Laughin Man Ethiopia Sidama. It wasn't on sale (about $10 for 16 cups), but I don't even care rofl. I felt like I could spend $10 on myself!

Anyway, yesterday I was really proud of myself for buying pretty much stuff that was needed, but today I just went a little crazy. At the same time, doesn't buying an Xbox make me a Good Wife? I need all those points I can get! :giggle

bestcee, IntenseMagic and jesskab like this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have PSE 2018 but I am newbie so I can not compare to earlier versions. Because of the photo bin and tool options being at the bottom, the working area is quite small. You can hide those panels and then pop them up later, but it is still small on my 15" laptop. It was $49 in a lightning deal for a few hours yesterday. Now it is back to $69.

bestcee and Karen like this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I just picked up a pooper scooper....go me! :hehe

jenn mccabe, bestcee, Karen and 2 others like this.
  4. BevG

Fitbit Alta is on sale for $89 instead of $149...

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

I googled "Amazon" to check all this Prime stuff out, clicked on the first Amazon search result that popped up...and got a SUPER WEIRD, clearly-not-Amazon site that started randomly downloading files to my Mac :eek:!!

So the moral of that story is look closely at search result links before clicking!
    (Which I should know because I literally do computer research for work....but I am also lazy!)

No Prime deals for me yet...I'm scared to venture back :)

6. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I got a food processor and I just got a notice that the 6 “free Prime” reads for July are now all free so I downloaded them too. Thank for the thread since I would not have noticed it otherwise.

jenn mccabe, Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I got an air fryer for $35 & 2 complete comforter/sheet sets $27 each (1 red, 1 blue for the kids). I also bought 2 twin mattresses for $71/ea. Those weren't part of the sale, but I'm redoing the boys' room. They love my mattress, so I got them the same kind. I swear these 2 ADHD kids sleep so much better on it.

IntenseMagic, bestcee and Karen like this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Ooh, and now I'm trolling through Target. I have an addiction to linens & they have them! Also, Nerf guns. I just told my husband we're gonna have a Lopez Combat in the Jungle (i.e. our annual camping trip). He's all for it. Lol.

bestcee, IntenseMagic and carrie1977 like this.
  9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

My department is split up between two floors. The first floor staff all have nerf guns and will have occasional wars. It's pretty funny.

Karen and jesskab like this.
  10. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

The Harry Potter 8 film collection in UHD/4K (also includes Blu-Ray) is $80 (regular $160- have had my eye on it for a while!), and my niece's birthday is this weekend and she's just getting into the books. So, bingo! I may have ordered one for us, too...

bestcee, Karen and krscraps like this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I decided to hold off on PSE 18 for now, both because of the small size and because some of the reviewers said the download wasn't from Adobe and had problems getting it to work. It's likely legit and they just don't know how to download and install it themselves, but I'm also intrigued by the Affinity software too. Thanks for the help!

I got the 6 free prime books too... well I think I downloaded 4 of the 6, but that was a great deal!

We have a Zinus all foam mattress too and love it! :)

jesskab likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I saw that! I bought the Hobbit 3 movie one instead since we own HP and I couldn't really justify a new set even though I think the first 3 movies aren't blueray.....

13. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I grabbed all 6 free reads too. I also ended up with a 8TB EHD for $139. I spent too much! Usually I have good restraint on prime day.

14. BevG

Well my blender came today and it is huge!! Haven't tried it yet, but I think I bought the "bad boy" blender, ice crusher. I am thinking milk shakes might be in my future or at least a smoothie or two.

Karen likes this.