Prime Day

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jul 16, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I just found Adobe Photography plan for $95.90 for a year. You can buy the key card with the code, or subscribe.
    You have to pay the year in advance, but it works out to just under $8/month.

Tronesia and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I got 3 free books for my Kindle and bungee cord shoe-laces!

But, if anyone is interested, there's a big sale at the on-line Vera Bradley store. I got 3 Vera Bradley items - 2 purses and a cover for my Kindle!!! I spent all of $48 and free shipping!

IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I made sure to get the family friendly version cuz we want to play with DD (and maybe DS, if he can read the cards?). I actually looked at the images to see the recommended ages on the box, and it says "7+" so I think I'm good. But oooh, I bet it your eyes bugged out when you realized which version you had lol!

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

@Tree City - He was a bit shocked....

BTW - Prime Day was working for me just now. Got a new blender... I was bummed that I missed the laptop cooling pad for DS but all is good - he saw it and has already ordered himself one.

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  5. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I already subscribe to both, and for the past few years I've been able to extend my memberships for a good price on Prime Day. It looks like Amazon wised up to that, because this year the best KU and Audible deals are for new subscribers. :( They didn't make it easy to find, but I eventually came across deals for 1 or 2 year KU subscriptions. I was hoping for a 3 or 6 month, so I'll probably just stay month to month.

I've only gotten wireless headphones so far. I looked at gaming laptops because we're buying one for DS1 this summer, but what we've seen at Dell is better and comparable in price to the Amazon deals. I was hoping for some basics we need, like USB cables, but I haven't seen anything worthwhile yet. DS2 wants to buy himself a new Fire so I have to go check if he has enough money. Other than that, my assessment is that there are lots of good prices on things I don't really need. I'm finding most things pretty easy to resist so far. *She says as she goes back to look again...*

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    bestcee likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Same here, Jan. I just gave up. They must be getting slammed!! A Fire Stick for 19.99? That's amazing! Good luck.

bestcee likes this.
  7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Okay... I figured it out enough to get a few things for my son's dorm move in (space bags and a twin XL mattress pad) and my daughter bought herself a workout top.

Sooooo.... I'm getting a new computer soon... coming from PSCS6 but wondering if I should look into the deal on elements or the one @bestcee mentioned... hmmmm. Off to take a closer look.

IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

How old is DS?
    Munchkin has been playing it with us since he was 6ish. He couldn't always read the words, but we showed him what each photo meant. Like Uno, he couldn't read skip, but he knew what the card looked like. I hope that makes sense....

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

That's a good analogy, Courtney. I get ya! :) While friends have told me little tidbits about the game, I've never played it so I wasn't totally sure how involved the cards were, ya know? But DS is 6 and a good reader, so I guess he should be all set.

bestcee likes this.
  10. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Just like all sales lately...it's too much going on, so I have barely looked. I did go ahead and grab that Adobe sub for the year. That'll save me a few dollars.

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I just got a "lightening deal" on a set of 100 gel pens for $13.99. Says they've been tested by artists. We'll see. They're so expensive at M's and J's. Asher loves to color and he likes to use my Copics and Distress Markers. I hope these are as good as they advertise.

gel-pens.jpg

IntenseMagic and bestcee like this.
  12. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I spent too much, but they were good deals and things I've been wanting anyway. I grabbed PSE 2018, because that was a great deal and I haven't updated since PSE 13. I also got the ring doorbell, and an Instant Pot to give to my in-laws for Christmas. Oh- and that 3 month audible subscription. Should be handy for our 14 hour drive to Canada later this week!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I ended up with the Fire Stick for my mom, a tricycle for my grandson's birthday, and a cross body bag for myself for vacation next week. I'll see if anything else jumps out at me today.

bestcee likes this.
  14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I haven't found any use to me for Amazon Prime. I don't buy much and their regular shipping is fast enough for me. We use Netflix, and anyway when I trialed Prime a couple of months ago accidentally (tricky buttons when I was checking out with a new camera battery) I searched for hours through the Prime movie and book offerings and found zero movies I'd be very interested in and few books.

But when a FB friend shared that Amazon was down and was showing various photos of dogs in their apology screen, I went to take a look, wanting to see the dogs, and was disappointed to find the site load just fine. :lol

bestcee, mcurtt and Karen like this.
  15. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I bought a shower speaker. /lame

The subscription for Creative Cloud is tempting, but I'm so stuck in my PSE ways... I might do the CC Lightroom one though.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well now I think I should buy PSE 18! I have regular photoshop for my desktop computers, but my Mom gave me a Surface Pro tablet/laptop thing and I'd love to have PSE on there for small projects and to be able to go scrapbook with something more portable.... Is 2018 PSE a good version??? Help!

17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I got a few things - a lightening deal laminator, a usb hub for my iMac (the EHDs take up all my available ports - need slots for silhouette/mouse,keyboard charger/printer/etc), got a few surge protectors, a market/patio umbrella, some pantry items, and thanks to @HeatherB 's recent layout ... I decided I needed a Bocce Ball set, LOL. I'm easily persuaded!

bestcee and HeatherB like this.
  18. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

It might be just me, but I thought the Surface Pro was too small to use PSE on. (I have an older Surface Pro 3.) With the layer panel, and the photo bin, and all the tool bars, there isn't much space left for the work area! It all fits, but the resolution made everything really, really small, and I didn't have any fun with it. (I didn't try changing the resolution to see if it helped -- I moved on to scrapping on my iPad and I've been having fun with that.) I'm using either PSE13 or PSE15, I can't recall what version it is off hand.

I bought the desktop version of Affinity Photo to try -- I purchased the iPad version earlier this year -- but haven't done more than open it up on my 27" desktop to see if I need training or if I could just jump in. (I need training. LOL) So I will be putting off installing it on my Surface Pro until I get comfortable with it.

Karen likes this.
  19. sakura-panda

I bought a $50 iTunes gift card for $40 and a microfiber towel for my son to take camping next week. I also bought $50 in Amazon gift cards because I forgot to add the code for a future $5 credit (GCPRIME18) when I checked out for the first $25 card.

20. sakura-panda

We were checking it out last night and my son was disappointed that it was cycling between three different dogs; he was hoping to see more!

bestcee and michelepixels like this.