Prime day | pad patter 10.13.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Oct 13, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

It’s prime day or rather prime days! Do you shop much on prime day or do you get overwhelmed like me and eventually give up?

Tell me what you got or share tips on how to make the most of prime day.

2. keepscrappin

I’m following How does she save on Facebook to get deal notifications, so hopefully that helps me be more successful finding prime day deals.

3. keepscrappin

norton94 likes this.
  4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I get overwhelmed by Prime Day. I usually look for a few minutes and then give up. :rolleyes: DH uses it to grab stuff he already wanted. So far today he has ordered a bunch of storage tubs and a pole-saw. Exciting stuff. :lol

Tronesia and keepscrappin like this.
  5. keepscrappin

I do the same! :giggle

I also bought the amazon gift card promo where you buy $40 of amazon gift cards and get an additional $10 amazon credit. I bought them with my discover card and I signed up for the 5% discover cashback bonus before buying them so I'm getting a bonus from amazon and discover for my purchases... win win!

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Yeah, I'm with you guys. A few minutes of looking and then done. I did last longer than normal today since I was listening to the governor's COVID update while doing it.

I did find a dog feeding system of raised bowls and a small power strip with 6 outlets and 4 USB ports. Both items were coming up within minutes of me looking so I think that is another reason I kept looking longer than normal!

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I got a Bose outdoor speaker for my parents for Christmas. I'm having it shipped straight to them since we won't get together for the holidays (or for anything) until this is over. My brother and I both needed a gift for them so we split the cost. But...now I'm tempted to get one for us! We keep saying it would be fun to have an outdoor speaker when we play badminton.

I got three books from their Buy 2, get one free deal, a coffee table, and some construction paper and other crafty things for the kids. . And an instax mini 11 camera/film for DD (another Christmas gift). Gosh, she may be done for Christmas now. I always buy early but still...it feels extra nice this year! And I think I'm going to get Super Mario Deluxe U for the kids for Christmas. It's $20 off and if I give it to DS, then he'll be almost done for Christmas, too. Woot woot!

On Best Buy we got DS a laptop. It was $150 off. Since they're doing virtual until at least January, I figured I should get him a new one. He's currently using my old laptop, but it has started making this weird crunchy / staticky sound that *isn't* from the speakers. (And I just noticed the screen is detaching from the casing near one hinge. IDK if he used my laptop like a frisbee or if it's just bad timing lol.) I figured it would be better to buy a lower-end model on sale then be stuck and have to buy something expensive-but-in-stock when this one finally conks out.

Thanks for the game rec, Kayla. I picked it up for the kids' joint Santa gift. (They usually get a movie and a game but now that everything's streaming, I think just a game will do lol.)

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I just made my purchase. Finally got myself a drone to use for photography and got my son the new NBA21K xbox one game for almost 50% off. :)

Tronesia and keepscrappin like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I haven't looked yet, but I rarely buy anything during these sales.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. adriablack

adriablack Well-Known Member

We snagged one of the Fire 10 Tablets for DD's Christmas present. Since we are homeschooling it will be nice to have something for her to read on for ebooks plus maybe get her to stop using my phone for Youtube after school time. Also managed to get a couple small stocking stuffer type things (a 4 pack of 3D animal puzzles and an animal trivia card game). I don't usually shop Prime day, but it worked out because we JUST had the "What are you thinking for Christmas talk" this morning and then hubby saw the fires were on sale today.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm in the "I got overwhelmed and gave up" camp. I did check my lists to see if anything was on sale and I didn't see anything. I wish I had Christmas lists for my kids, but don't have anything yet.

I should do the gift card deal because I know I'll use that!

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I browsed on and off at work (shhh) and only pulled the trigger on a tactical nerf vest and accessories for my grandson lol. I have a few other things in my cart that I'll take a look at again tomorrow.
    I did get a great deal on an EHD for my son's Playstation at Best Buy.

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I totally missed it but got an e-mail tonight that there were still some deals. I checked it out but got overwhelmed. I'm not really looking for anything in particular so I'm not even sure what to look for. LOL!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I buy enough on Amazon with regular items...I started to look but thought better of it. kwim?

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I looked a bit yesterday and was overwhelmed and gave up too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I bought a few things today, but of course, they weren't on sale. I just needed them for a Christmas project I'm working on.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I bought another EHD, but not because it was Prime Day, but because I wanted one and it just happened to fall on Prime day, lol. I read an article that many stores are matching or beating Prime prices. Week days are terrible for me to have time to shop online, I just don't have the bandwidth, plus I didn't have anything specific I needed and I didn't want to impulse buy. My kids never know what they want for the holidays this far in advance.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I always look at Amazon services and products on their big days. DS needs a new tablet, so I ordered him a 10 inch Fire that will be a holiday present. My Kindle Unlimited subscription had expired and I was paying month to month, so I renewed for half off under their deal. I also get overwhelmed on Amazon's big sale days--not only are there SOOO many things, but it's mostly things we don't really need. I bought a few inexpensive things that I had already been planning to buy but got on sale: a basic set of kids' earbuds, a pack of spoon rests, a set of compression packing cubes and a phone tripod. The last 2 have been on my wishlist forever but the sales finally pushed me to purchase. (It's not like we're traveling any time soon, but I think I needed that reminder that one day we would again...)

We also bought some things we needed at other places that were having sales in answer to Prime Day. We got DH a monitor from Dell to use with his work laptop, and I bought a few sewing supplies from Jo-Ann's for a floor pillow I'm making one of the kids. None of that was really because of the sales, but it was nice that we were able to get it all on sale.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I ended up needing something from Amazon that I couldn't find at my local Wal-Mart on Wednesday (and I wasn't going to drive to the nearby city just for it). Sale or no sale, I was going to order it. Surprisingly, it was on sale also. Got it ordered and all 3 of my purchases were shipped together even though they were ordered on 2 different days. Out for delivery today!

keepscrappin likes this.