Prepping for NSD

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 3, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I know I’ve left this way too late and it’s not possible to be totally tagged and organised before NSD.

So that you don’t buy similar kits to what you already have or parts of kits or bundles that you already have (ie: already bought bundle but then want to buy the kit), how would you organise or even plan for NSD?

I’ve thought maybe doing some sort of spreadsheet, attempting to tag (I feel I wouldn’t get enough done for it to be worth it though) or ????

gonewiththewind and Cath_ like this.
  2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I would probably search in my TLP supplies folder for images named "folder" or "preview" or "pvw" and then copy those into a separate folder. Then it would be easy to set up a spreadsheet and/or a text document with the product names.

You could also use the Visual Order History as well, although it won't show retired products.

For those who don't know about the Visual Order History, here's some instructions:

Just in case anyone is reading this new thread and doesn't know how to check your Visual Order History, here you go:

If you need to know how to view your Visual Order History, navigate to the store. In the upper right you'll see some social media icons and a larger people icon. Click on the people icon and make sure you are logged in.

[​IMG]

Once you are logged in, when you click on the people icon, you'll get a fly out menu that gives you some options. Click on VISUAL ORDER HISTORY.

[​IMG]

When you do that, items that you have ordered will appear. You can then do custom sorting.

[​IMG]

3. littlekiwi

Thanks @gonewiththewind, visual history might not 100% work for me as I have bought bits through Jaimee’s NSD/DSD deals and Sara’s as well off the top of my head plus I’ve lost some stuff between computers over the years so it’s not entirely accurate for me.

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I tend to plan in advance what I'm looking for in the sales.
    1. When I'm scrapping in the months leading upto the sale, if I find my stash is missing something I go to the store, find it and add to my wishlist. Then at the next big sale I buy my wishlist.
    2. If I have an event or vaccation coming up after the sale then I plan what I want to use to record it and make a note of what I need but don't have in my stash - maybe a themed kit or a set of pocket templates.
    3. Some BYOCs contain colour schemes I like to use over and over again, so I might look to buy packs from those BYOCs that I don't already have.
    Another way I like to shop in the sales is to choose a designer who is either new to me or I don't have much in my stash for and check our her sale offers. It's a good way to build up a collection of products to explore.

5. littlekiwi

@Angela Toucan I’m not necessarily “looking” for anything specific, it’s more so trying to figure out a way that I prevent buying super similar themed kits to what I already have or single kits when I’ve got the bundles etc.

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'd just search what I did have when I'm buying in the shop. I usually do that anyway. Even with my stuff tagged. lol

I'd go through new stuff first that's on sale. Of course I know I don't have those.
    Then if it's older product, I'd add to cart and then have two pages open that I can search my TLP folder and back to cart to see if anything matches, one by one if I have to. But inevitably, you might buy something you already have pieces to.

7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

This is an awesome idea! I've been hesitant to put my digi supplies in Lightroom since I can't drag and drop to PSP from it. But creating a folder with just previews to load into LR so I can color code which ones have been used would be so useful! I do use a spreadsheet to track this info but LR would be a visual alternative. I'm going to have to think how I want to do this.

Thanks Cheryl!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@littlekiwi

I use the spreadsheet method but it did take me about a week to set up and I don't have nearly the amount of supplies that you do.

I'm more selective about what I buy these days. I've been on the mission to use what I've already got. I have put some older items on my wish list that I might have a need for. Now that I'm doing pages for my cousin's family, the type of kits needed are different than what I use for myself. I'm not a camper or outdoorsy type of person but they are so I've had to start getting more of those types of kits so I have a variety to use.

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My prep for NSD basically is looking at my "To Scrap" list and then seeing what kits I want to use for each page and then wait for the sale. :D

Lisa B and Angela Toucan like this.