Prep Week layouts for P52?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by bestcee, Dec 23, 2020.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I had this thought today of pre-prepping my pages for 2021.
    This year I stuck to one format - the one Project Life calls A - for all my pages. I was thinking of using a different one next year. And as I was thinking about it, I thought about setting each week up with:

1) the layout template
    2) the week card
    3) a few blank journal cards for writing

And then save it out as Week 1, Week 2, so on. Then I only have to open the week, drop in the photos and any extra cards, and journal. My head says it would be easier?

Has anyone done this before?

I make collections in Lightroom for ease of pulling that weeks photos and was thinking of ways to create ease in the actual layout making.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Whatever works for you :)

When I've done my version of this in the past, I usually chose 1 template to use all year long. The first time I did it, I used the same kit each week. Now it was a huge mega kit from Scrap N Art that had an extremely large number of papers (I used no elements) so I could change it up each week. There were 11 photo spots so I could change up where the photos were each week. The 4 remaining spots were different papers. One spot had the dates for the week (largest spot every week so that stayed the same throughout). Another spot had the calendar for the month (a png stamp). Then just pattern paper in the other 2 spots. I did no journaling.

Another time was when designers were creating and releasing kits on a monthly basis. There were different colors each month but the whole year was cohesive. That year my template had 9 photo spots so I could still change up the placement of photos. Both these ways gave me a cohesive look yet each week was different. I did the same as before with 1 spot for the dates and another spot for the calendar png's. Again, no journaling. And, if a week only had less than 7 photos (beginning or end of year), then I would put an element in the empty spot or a patterned paper.

For me, these projects told the story through the photos themselves, no words from me. Whatever I could do to make the scrapping as easy as possible was my motto!

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

That's what I did for 2020.
    [​IMG]
    All my pages are this template, and then the left has the calendar card in that spot. Or, the calendar stamp over a few of my full moon photos. :-)
    I like your thought about using one kit per month. Hmm....

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I created some foundation DYD pages for a challenge here and have actually loved making them into my December daily layouts. (Sadly I can't post here, used loads of outside goodies too) But I am so happy with it, and I am keen to make weekly layouts using a similar system and to get a book printed out at the end of the year. It could be boring - in that (hopefully) the kids will be out of the house and studying on campus/ working overseas again. Lots of hubby and me and the cats. But who knows what 2021 will bring. Excited to see this project come to life.

bestcee likes this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

That is a lot like what I did although I didn't even label the day! I love kits with lots of papers. I find I use those a lot especially when they have some solids along with the patterns. I'd show you but I can never get an image to show.

bestcee likes this.
  6. bestcee

I hadn't even thought about that! So many people do foundation pages for DYD, and love it.

I think I'm going to try it out.

7. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

I was thinking about doing this for this year too. I think I just need to find a way to really simplify the whole process so I can stay on top of it more. I do love foundation pages for DYD and that is what gave me the idea to try to pre-create for PL too.

bestcee likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I always do it for DYD, and have tried to do it for PL. Most of the time, though, life gets in the way. But you do have me thinking. I use a different kit each month, soooo I could (in theory) make all the pages for the month in one sitting at the start of the month and plop photos and journaling each week :think That might help me keep on track a little better.

bestcee likes this.
  9. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I have done this for the last couple of years for PL...for 2021, I'm going even more organized...LOL Each week will have the same format.

I've also started prepping pages for my p365 project ;) I want these to look more like a magazine or look book type thing

bestcee likes this.
  10. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I’ve started using the Project Life app and have joined a Facebook group and they had a whole planning day happening on which they basically set up the whole year. I was late to finding it but have now created all the monthly pages with certain cards and overlays and texts set up. I’m in love!

bestcee likes this.