Pour Over Coffee...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by 3littleks, Mar 1, 2016.

Tags:

Which coffee system do you like?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2016.
  1. pour over

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. french press

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. regular drip

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

Does anyone do this in place of a regular coffee maker?

I have tried a keurig, cheap drip coffee pots, bodum french pressed coffee makers...Now I am using my hubs cheapo $10 drip coffee because my Keurig bit the dust and he is wanting his back.

I am looking at a Chemex right now because I LOVE my Starbuck Pour-Overs (my barista is awesome) and I don't mind the time it takes to make. Honestly, the cost is my issue. I don't know it I want to spend that much for a pour over. It is the only one that I saw really good reviews on multiple sites though.

HELP?

lol

TIA lovelies. :beat:heartlub

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I wish I could help you but all I can say is to either get a nice French press (just cuz I like them lol) or spend the money on the Chemex that you like. :) The Chemex looks beautiful! If we had counter space for one more coffee maker, I'd totally have one on my wish list. :) Good luck figuring out what to do!

3littleks likes this.
  3. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I never heard of Chemex! Had to go google it. Interesting. Is the coffee a lot better that way? For every morning use I use a cheap drip coffee pot. I do grind my own beans though. Occasionally in the afternoon (if I'm freezing cold) or if I have friends over I'll French Press some coffee. That's the best!

3littleks likes this.
  4. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

We use Keurig, but it's soo expensive. It seems to be running a bit sluggishly, and my husband has said when it goes we are going back to regular drip. He barely touches the stuff and I mix mine with so much peppermint mocha creamer, the quality of coffee doesn't matter. hahahah

but I DO love when I've had french press :)

3littleks likes this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm apparently a coffee noob. Lol. No idea what the difference is!

3littleks, sberkan and jesskab like this.
  6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Me too! I don't know what these things mean. I have a Hamilton Beach Keurig -like system. I picked it because it's red, as are the rest of my appliances. The 8yr old & I use it the most. I have vanilla lattes & he has hot cocoa. Brody says Grandma gave he & I the coffee maker for Christmas. Lol.

3littleks and klee73010 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

you coffee drinkers have your own special language. I have no idea what any of this means. Lol :giggle

3littleks likes this.
  8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have the Cuisinart version of the Keurig. I don't drink a lot of coffee and I'm tired of storing all those k-cups. I bought a French Press from IKEA and some Starbucks coffee to try in it, but I haven't used it yet.

3littleks likes this.
  9. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I could not live without my Keurig. I think we are on our 3rd one. I only drink it a cup at a time so the Keurig is perfect for me. I did buy my husband a French press several years ago but there were to many steps and to much time just for a cup of coffee but he really liked it.

3littleks likes this.
  10. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I love my Keurig. There's no going back for me!

3littleks likes this.
  11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

This is my machine that sits with all its wonder on my counter! [​IMG]
    yeah I may have an addiction! I use ground Starbucks Espresso (almost a full cup)(but at discount at Walmart) in each pot. A full pot in the time it takes to make one Keurig cup and ooooooooooh so dark and rick!
    We used to have the regular BUNN
    [​IMG] but, we entertain ALOT! and have a house full of Coffee drinkers too. Two burners are a must! I also have 2 caraffes that hold a pot each and stay hot for up to 12 hours! lol

Tree City and 3littleks like this.
  12. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

We use a Keurig at the moment and I haven't used any of the other methods. I do want to try cold brew out though. I got a tin of cold brew packets in a Christmas gift and I haven't had a chance to use them yet. This is what I have. You apparently soak the packet in water for a couple of days in a pitcher and then drink from there. It's supposed to not be as bitter tasting. I really should try it out soon.

3littleks likes this.
  13. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

I don't even understand the question :rofl

3littleks and Karen like this.
  14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love my Keurigs :) I have 4 of them lol One here at home, one at work, a small one that I take when we travel, and one that my daughter is currently using at her house. I can't imagine every going back to regular drip. I just love the one cup at a time freshness. I can't really speak to the others as I haven't tried them. But I would say weigh the cost with the use you will get out of it and, if coffee is something you really love, I think maybe it's ok to splurge a little ;)

3littleks likes this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Sorry - I'm no help. I don't drink coffee because of coffee breath. Icky stuff, it is! :eek:

3littleks likes this.
  16. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Hubby and I have always loved coffee - and lots of it. We always wanted a fancy machine like my brother's (starts with a J but I can't remember now what it was called) but it was $800. Not happening. When hubby tried a Keurig somewhere he had a fit to get one but I knew that as much as we drank coffee it would wear out quickly. So, I hunted down and purchased a commercial grade Keurig and it has lasted almost 4 years with 6-10 cups a day brewed in it. I don't drink coffee anymore (tummy issues) but I use it to brew my hot tea. I don't think I will ever want a regular drip coffee pot ever again. Nasty! I do (did) love French Press coffee... I know the Keurig pods are pricey and an environmentalist's nightmare, but we recycle everything else and don't spend a lot of money eating out so the pods are our main luxury item.

3littleks likes this.
  17. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

This is me too...I don't know anything else or what even pour over and stuff means. lol! I never drank coffee until we got a Keurig and I love it so much!

3littleks likes this.
  18. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I love my French Press but often end up using our drip coffee maker because it makes a larger quantity. I've resisted a Keurig so far because of the recycling issues but dd has one and I've liked having a choice of different blends.

What is "pour over" though??

3littleks likes this.
  19. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I googled, and apparently I drink pour over coffee and I didn't know it. I bought a plastic cone at the supermarket for a couple bucks, and it works perfectly fine, so I don't think I could justify the price of a Chemex, but I guess it depends how much you need to make at a time.

3littleks likes this.
  20. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

I think we are coffee snobs around here. After a trip to Germany I convinced my husband we had to have this semiprofessional Saeco. The first thing all visitors to my house say, coffee? I also bought a keurig in a moment of desperation when my Saeco was out for repairs. The keurig still comes in handy for a whole pot with company. I have to say though, it's really all about the beans and the water and how clean whatever machine you use is.

3littleks likes this.