Polly Prompt: Photography Challenge "From Where I Stand"

Discussion in 'Memory Motivators' started by MelanieB, Mar 9, 2015.

1. MelanieB

MelanieB Well-Known Member

Hello lovely scrappers,

Welcome to another fabulous "Memory Motivator"!

I have a very fun photography prompt for you today, part of my series called "Things to take photos of when you don't know what to take photos of"!

In the summer of 2013, I took a PhonePhotography course at Big Picture Classes, and that's when I was introduced to the wonderful world of From Where I Stand!

[​IMG]

I am always looking for interesting and creative ways to tell a story in my photos! To me, FWIS photos are far more interesting than selfies. FWIS tells the story of where you are. The photos above all include things that remind me exactly where I was & what I was doing: at my cousin's soccer game in the summer, at the Depeche Mode concert at the Molson Amphitheatre in the summer, my new rain boots, ice skating at the local outdoor rink in winter, a day trip in October, my Minnie Mouse costume at Disney Word. These are all great memories for me!

So here's my challenge to you: Pay attention to where you stand! Look for OR create interesting photo opportunities around your feet! Take a photo & post it here. Or scrap a page with your FWIS photo & post it here!

Here are some things to look for: interesting colours, a floor pattern, something written on the ground, something unique to where you are, what you're wearing, the season, an interesting place you visited on vacation (like the beach), an activity you're working on. The possibilities are endless!

[​IMG]

Please note: This is not an official Lilypad challenge, and as such there is no prize. This is just a fun prompt to get you looking at the world differently & take creative photos to help you remember places & events. This is an open challenge. There is no end date! You can post as many FWIS photos & layouts as you want!

If you're on Instagram, you can see more FWIS photos in the hashtag feed #fromwhereistand, or in the accounts @jj_fromwhereistand (#jj_fwis or #jj_fromwhereistand) and @fromwhereistand (#fwisfeed). For even more inspiration, I have an entire Pinterest board with FWIS photos I've collected over the past couple of years!

Always remember: The best camera is the one you have with you!

2. MelanieB

I know I'm not alone in my love for FWIS photos, because Paislee Press has a beautiful "From Where I Stand" kit & co-ordinating journal cards in her store, as well as word art!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. MelanieB

Some FWIS photos I've included in my PL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

This is such a fun challenge, Melanie! I can't wait to see what shows up in the galleries!

5. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I love this challenge! I need to g out and do this like, tomorrow and from now on!

6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

How fun! I need to remember to do this more often too! Last week I only have three photos for my PL spread. I need to do more photos like this to have on hand for light weeks.

7. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

This is such a cool idea! I myself have only take one or two of these types of photos, but will definitely have to try and do some more!

8. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

that's a cool idea indeed! i never took picture like that... but now i will thinking of that ! Thanks for the inspiration !

9. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Excellent challenge.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

What a fun idea! I love this! I'll be back with my photo!

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

love this Melanie! & your pages are so beautiful, as always! :beat

12. Dana

Dana Dana

i love this idea! i know what i will be taking pictures of this week :)

13. wendy85

wendy85 Guest

oh wow this look so fun and inspiring. I really need to introduce this!

14. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Thank you for the inspiration. I've never taken a 'feet' photo before so this is all new to me.
    [​IMG]

15. MelanieB

Putting gas in the car! :thumbsups I hadn't thought of that for a FWIS photo, but that is awesome! I need to take that photo! :) Love the stitched grid & newspaper paper! So appropriate!

16. MelanieB

And now, you won't be able to stop taking them! :) I love how you paired the foot with the idea of living in the moment. That's how I feel about it, too! So beautiful!

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOVING these!!!!!!

I took the pics, tomorrow I ll have a page, you are gonna laugh though.....:giggle

18. thomsen

thomsen Olive Juice ...

19. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Thank you. I was standing there freezing to death, in the dark... I stuck my other hand in my pocket and felt my phone, so snapped a few...

20. MelanieB

Carina, this is so FUN!!! I love this! What a great idea!