please come sort and pack for me..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Feb 16, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

i'm so overwhelmed.

connor and i have so much stuff :thumbsdowns

Last time we moved was about what.. 2.5 years ago. .i think-- and I just threw away a ton of stuff. It was a purging time in my life and it worked out great :p

Now however.. somehow..connor has amassed a huge amount of crap and i don't know what to do :p

Aaah.

the apartment isn't even ready yet to move our stuff in. We still have a little more painting to do and one final "project" to complete.

and i've got what..a week and a half?

:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin:spin

save me.

2. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

EVERY move is time for purge. :rofl

3. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I feel for you, la. I hate moving with a passion...we've been here for 2.5 years also, which is the longest I've lived anywhere in my adult life. No plans for moving just yet (though there is always the possibility) but I'm working on purging now rather than later...so many things we own that we just don't need right now, and a small space to store them all in.

4. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I hate moving, but I love purging!! If Ce is anything like my boys though, getting rid of any of his precious pieces of crap is going to be a huge battle. :)

good luck!

5. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

I hate movie too. This is the 4th house we moved to since we got married 10 years ago so I know exactly how you're feeling lol. I hope we never do that again ...ever.. LOL

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Moving is so stressful and crazy. The good thing is cleaning, purging and organizing always feels good (once its done). Think how clean and fresh the new place will be. I seriously need to purge and organize around here. We've been in this house for 16 yrs and I have stuff in my closets I haven't even looked at in over 10 yrs..yikes!

7. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

[​IMG]

really. i know you can!

8. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Just think about how nice it'll all be finished!! That's your motivation, lol. Good luck!!

9. Helen

Helen I need some balls.

hear hear! LOL When you move you suddenly realize how much useless clutter you spawned hihihi

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I would love to fly over and help you move ... no really lol

Good luck La - you can do it!

11. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

I know you can do it :) Good luck on the move :)

12. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

I would if I wasn't in the middle of my own crap fight mess sorting and getting rid of boxes of crud and unpacking from I don't know when!

13. nun69

nun69 Active Member

you can do it...and I feel for you on the purging.....this time thought I purge and take stuff to goodwill or it makes it's way in to the trash every couple of months...and this summer we will go through the garage again and purge!

14. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

You can do it all night long. Hahaha

No, seriously, I LOVE purging, and I wish I could be there to help you. I'd be like trash. trash. trash. Unless it was my stuff and then Id be all digging it out of the trash.

15. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I would come help you, but I have to help my sister pack, too! She's moving in another week. Good luck girl!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  16. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

Ohhh.. I feel your pain! I just moved from a house I lived in for 10 years. I thought I was organized and packed - not so. I mixed kitchen stuff with my socks and still can't find a single potholder. Probably packed with my pajamas somewhere. On the upside - it's amazing what you don't even miss. You can do it! Good luck!

17. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

I feel your pain. In January we moved for the 4th time in two and a half years (and for the 7th time in 6 and a half years of marriage -- all post graduate school). I'm still bringing boxes in from storage, and I feel like by the time I'm fully unpacked it'll be time to move again. You'd think that after so many moves I would have gotten rid of most of our stuff and it would get easier, but no...

18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

AMEN!

19. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

All I can think to say is "one day at a time." We are moving in 2 weeks and stuff is all over the place. Too bad little moving fairies can't just put it all up for you.... good luck with your packing La :) Take breaks in between....that's what I'm doing and refusing to let it worry me... lol!

20. mirjam

mirjam mirjam

I hear ya! Moving is the pits but ah once you are moved.....