Playoff Hockey

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 20, 2021.

1. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Kings of the North! The CN Tower in Toronto even lit up in Habs colours, classy move I might add.
    Vegas pulled it off in OT. I want to see Habs vs Knights.

bestcee and mary kate like this.
  2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

This year we didn't follow any teams AT ALL. I think we had enough hockey for a bit w/ Bianca's looooong season.

bestcee likes this.
  3. jaye

how did her season go?

funny enough I miss watching Braeden play baseball more than I do watching hockey. The parents were different, weren’t as cliquey. Or maybe I didn’t notice because I was the scorekeeper, lol.

Dalis likes this.
  4. Dalis

THEY WENT TO NATIONALS!!!! They loss in the quarterfinals against the team that ended up winning it all! Their games were fun to watch, some of the guys that were there to record live the games told us that those had been some of the most intense games they had recorded all weekend. LOL!!!! She just moved now to 16U, which is a mess for girls hockey. There aren't enough 16U teams so for playing local and in tournaments next year they will be playing against 16U teams and 16/19U teams which it's a HUGE difference!!!!!!! Bianca is only 5 foot flat, so it's hard to see her play against 18-19 year old girls! Most of the time they are close to 6-10 inches taller and a good 40 lbs heavier, it makes me worried because she has no fear. It doesn't matter if it's a big kid or a small one if they have the puck and the play calls for it she will go for it with no regrets!

Nationals meant that we had hockey all the way until mid May vs. our usual season ends in FEB/MAR!

amien1 and bestcee like this.
  5. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Ummmm...I'm Canadian...so playoff hockey is a must!!! My team didn't make the playoffs, but I'm excited to watch any playoff hockey!!

amien1 and bestcee like this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

7. bcnatty

Now don't judge....but I'm a BC girl, so it's gotta be the Vancouver Canucks

jaye and bestcee like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

No judging @bcnatty I keep hoping you'll get back to the playoffs.

bcnatty likes this.
  9. jaye

no judging here, I'm an Ontario girl but the Habs are my team, never been a Leafs fan, lol. Also because I am so close to the border many people are Red Wings fans.

bcnatty and bestcee like this.
  10. jaye

That's great!! Oh my! Yes, that is a big difference. One year Braeden got called up for baseball, tournament weekend. He was 13 (end of November baby), were short pitchers so he had to throw to 16-18 year olds!! The boy held his own and struck out one of the big guys on the other team and the next game made a highlight-reel catch in the outfield. The coach made sure that there was an extra championship medal and trophy for him as a thank you. Such great memories

Oh yes I can relate to extended hockey seasons, it was fun trying to juggle hockey and baseball. Thankfully, we had a few of the same kids and even a coach one year, making it easier for scheduling. Sometimes we would run from the ball diamond to the hockey arena for practices, they were on the same site at least. Braeden's last year in hockey they made it to the OMHA (regional) finals, took the series to the final game but lost. It was heartbreaking for quite a few of them as it was their last year in minor hockey (17-18).

His swan song in baseball ended on a high note as they won OBA's for our region. Great memories of all the years spent in organized sports, he started at 4.

bestcee and Dalis like this.
  11. Dalis

Oh that is a specially great way to end your baseball youth career. btw. that was so nice of them to make sure he got a medal and trophy for him. Bianca has been subbing for the 19U team, but gosh they are big!!!! Right now we are in the Summer break, we needed a break. I have a little video of her goal in Nationals (the first one for her team) it was a beauty.

jaye and bestcee like this.
  12. bcnatty

We don't like the Leafs over here....my husband was so proud when my little guy (5 years old) started calling them the "Stinkin Leafs" He would run around and yell "the Orcas (our Canucks) are playing the Stinkin Leafs!!!"

bestcee and jaye like this.
  13. jaye

My parents came to Canada in 1964, Leafs last won the cup in 1967.....my dad is still waiting, lol.

bestcee likes this.