Playoff Hockey

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 20, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Golden Knights - all the way!!!!!

amien1 likes this.
  2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Will they pull their heads out tonight? Or will the Avs walk all over them again?

Sigh, they were a little embarrassing last game.

amien1 likes this.
  3. bestcee

Totally allowed!

-- I don't watch basketball and live in Indiana. Shhh! Don't tell anyone! :whistle:giggle

jaye likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Hey, don't feel bad. Basketball is big in Ohio as well and the only time I watch it is March Madness! I prefer college football myself and have gotten away from watching pro sports regularly. Never got into hockey, well, except the Miracle On Ice era games in the Olympics.

5. Pachimac

Yeah, I know. They're acting like my beloved Angels. They totally rock and then just lose it all!!

bestcee likes this.
  6. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Since we moved up north to an area that actually has hockey a few years ago, we have gotten really into it! In the partial NHL season with fans last year Pre-Covid, we went to several Caps and Flyers games, as well as the Hershey Bears, which feed the Caps. Now, it is constantly on in our house... usually the Braves baseball game on one screen and hockey on another.

The Flyers didn't even make it to the playoffs this year and the Caps didn't last long, so now we're just enjoying watching whatever hockey is on.

7. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I hope Marc- Andre wins the Vezina.

bestcee likes this.
  8. jaye

If they put Fleury in net they will do better.

bestcee likes this.
  9. jaye

I’m a former hockey mom, was married to a hockey player and am Canadian....it’s in my blood, lol. Although being the daughter of English immigrants I grew up on Rugby as a young girl.

my favourite, do not miss and plan my day around, is the IIHF World Junior Hockey Tournament at Christmas. We will get that gold medal back :).

bestcee likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

@jaye Football is the choice of sport in my family. My dad played it in high school in the 40's and loved watching all levels of it until the day he died. He actually regretted at one time that he didn't take the time to become a referee in football. I also had 2 cousins that played high school and college football and one even got to spend a couple weeks on the roster of the Detroit Lions during an NFL strike in the 70's. He stayed with the organization as a statistician for several years after that. And, now the sons of one of these 2 guys are playing football on the college level. The sons of these 2 guys sister also played high school football. Been to a lot of football games in my life!

So I grew up around football and to be honest, hockey isn't really a big thing in my rural area of Ohio!

bestcee likes this.
  11. bestcee

I haven't even watched that. Honestly, I'm good for the last 5 minutes of a basketball game. Which is hilarious, because I used to play basketball in grade 5-8. And munchkin is playing.

Sorry Not Sorry! -->Bruins fan :backing

Me too. He's been fabulous! I love that Pittsburgh wanted him back if Vegas got rid of him.

12. jaye

so my Habs won last night AND the Blue Jays pulled off a win in the bottom of the ninth. A happy house here :)
    Nasty hit on Evans, hope the appropriate action is taken, good on Ehlers for being proactive.
    Really thought Vegas was going to pull it off.

bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

They pulled off last night! Finally.

Montreal is on a roll! Will the Jets be able to slow them down at all?

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Between Playoff Hockey (go knights go!!!) & the Women's College World Series (Softball) we have been GLUED to ESPN lol! We even decided to stay home this weekend (rare weekend of no softball tournaments) instead of going out to the lake house so we can watch all our teams! :whistle

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

We watched some of that the other night when we were out. I can't find it on regular tv, so we haven't been able to watch anymore. :thumbsdowns

amien1 likes this.
  16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I know! It's really only been on ESPN, except ONE University of WA game that was on ABC last weekend. First time ever that a softball worldseries game was on network tv. Kind of ridiculous, but welcome to NCAA Women's sports :eyeroll

bestcee likes this.
  17. jaye

Canada won the gold at IIHF tournament after being 0-3!!
    My Habs are on a roll! The vets are really showing up and Price is in his element. Let’s hope we can take it at home.

Hope Vegas ties it up tonight.

My Blue Jays were not great today. While only 1 droit, they were sloppy in the field.

amien1 likes this.
  18. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I know, eh? Go Habs Go!

jaye likes this.
  19. Pachimac

Go Knights!!!!!!

jaye likes this.
  20. bestcee

They did! The North finished first.