Playoff Hockey

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 20, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Okay, where are my NHL peeps! Who's watching the playoffs? Who are you rooting for? Who are you hating?

I love playoff hockey! There's nothing like it! Personally, I'm rooting for the Bruins and the Knights. But I love watching all the games I can. Bennington wanting to get in the scrum the other night? Ovechkin yelling and breaking his stick when they lost? Kadri being kadri. Ugh. That one makes me sad. The Avs scoring less than 1 minute into the game. So much fun!
    And now the Northern division has started! I can't wait to check out Montreal and Toronto tonight. I have big hopes for Toronto this year! If my teams are out, I'd love to see Toronto take it all.

Bonus - I watch a bunch on my computer, so I've been getting scrap supplies organized at the same time!

amien1 and mary kate like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I don't follow any sports, but when we lived in the Detroit area, I got caught up in Red Wings Fever.

bestcee likes this.
  3. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Playoff hockey and scrap supply organizing at the same time?!? @bestcee I like your style!

I'll be rooting for the Habs, but a couple of my sisters (and a bunch of my cousins) are Leafs fans...

bestcee and amien1 like this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Yes! It's always on at our house! My son is a big Knights fan (which will be interesting next season when the Seattle Kracken starts!) My hubby is cheering for the Oilers since he knows one of the players personally. One of our older billet players is playing for the Jets AHL team so we are hoping he gets called up!

bestcee and mary kate like this.
  5. bestcee

Which one? If you don't mind me asking.

amien1 likes this.
  6. bestcee

We actually got to meet a bunch of the Bruins players when we lived in Mass because we were near the practice arena. One day, we were at Chipotle, and Stitch was in the car. Marchand came out, and commented on what a cute dog we had. Then, one of his teammates noticed the Bruins collar and said - Hey he cheers for the right team too!

It's fun to see what nice guys they are in person.

amien1 likes this.
  7. bestcee

You got one game!

I feel so bad for the Habs. That Tavares hit was totally unintentional from the tv views, and so unfortunate! Yet, people were so quick to blame Perry.

mary kate and amien1 like this.
  8. bestcee

No Detroit this year.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Kailer Yamamoto- My hubby still plays "beer leagues" with Kailer's dad & both kailer & his brother keanu played for our local WHL team too. During the off season- they used to play drop in in the same league with my husband too- he said it became a very quick game for those old guys when all the 'kids' came back in the summer! ;)

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

:lol My brothers play beer league. The older one always complains when the college kids come home and join. The younger one laughs at him with jokes like "Can't keep up old man?" (they are 6 years apart).

Jumbo Joe used to play at the arena with and against one of my other brothers. My family still 'hates' him because hockey memories last. They also love him because they knew him as a twerp kid. :giggle

amien1 likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

:( I figured as much because my hubby hasn't mentioned them. He follows ALL of the Detroit teams. We don't have regular TV, so we're missing everything. The cable company has been up here working so we think it's going to be installed in the next week or two. My hubby really misses just flipping the TV on to catch up on all of the sports. He's excited that he might get to watch some golf.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

We don't have regular tv either. We split NHL with my brother this year. And I have a service called locast. It's local tv for streamers. It's only available in a few areas, and it's free/paid. We pay to get rid of the timer. It's nice because we can watch the NBC games. And local news, etc.

And the Red Wings weren't the worst this year! So that's positive.

13. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

14. mary kate

15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I got a *tiny bit* into the playoffs the year the Caps won. I used to work at the rink where they practiced so that's the only reason why. I even got my photo taken with the Stanley Cup, but they never sent me the photo. Not a biggie, though.

bestcee likes this.
  16. bestcee

1 more! Will they pull it off?

17. mary kate

I don't want to jinx them! But I believe the Habs have the momentum, even without the home advantage.

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

@mary kate It doesn't hurt that Toronto is really bad at closing a series. :giggle

mary kate likes this.
  19. mary kate

Les Habitants, aka the Montréal Canadiens, aka the Habs. Well done, lads! well played.

bestcee likes this.
  20. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Our house was pretty noisy after the Habs pulled off that game 7 win. Tonight will be a channel flipping night as both the Blue Jays and the Habs are playing. I prefer baseball (shhhhh.......I'm Canadian) but do watch my hockey as well.

bestcee likes this.