Plastics...

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Brynn Marie, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

So a little back story....

When I ordered my Core Kit I decided to just buy the plastics that weren't in the mega pack because I wanted to see how much that would be before picking up everything individually.

Since the mega pack isn't out yet I thought I would go ahead and pick up a pack of A's so I could at least get started...but just my luck the A's are out.

So now I am totally freaking out. I have failed every time I have started P365 and I could already see myself failing this...because I know me and if I get behind, I'll just give up.

So in the middle of my breakdown, while on the way to GA I remembered...DUH I have like 3 packs or WRMK Albums Made Easy sitting in my stash.

So anyhow my question is do you exclusive use the BH's plastics or do you mix and match or do you just skip BH's all together?

2. purpleplasticpurse

purpleplasticpurse purpleplasticpurse

I'm personally using some albums i've had for a million years and haven't used. I had bought them when they were on sale and apparently hoarded them away. They just have kinda plain-ish inserts.. the kind w/ 6 4x6 slots on each page, but i figure i should use them since i have them.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't helpful, but... uh... yeah :P

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I've totally been using different configurations of WRMK 12x12 plastics, along with BH Design A for 2011. I plan to continue doing that in 2012. I usually default to the Design A two page spread per week, then add other plastic configurations in between for extra photos, stories, and layouts.

4. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I got the big pack of BH Design A and that's going to be my go-to. But I did get a lot of WRMK and just regular 'ole plain 8.5x11's at the store. I have some 6x12's, some 5x7's and I'm excited to mix them all up!

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I am a mixer too. In addition to the BH Plastics, I use WRMK, American Crafts and a couple of funky ones from C-Line (Swinging Shutter and Flip Page). I also have some 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 from Staples that I trim down a bit to put 5 x 7's in. I add some C-Line flip pockets directly onto my large protectors. (The sample photo on their website is terrible. They are actually single adhesive pockets for 4 x 6's) They are SO fun and if they are in your budget, I definitely recommend them. If you want a multi-pack of flip sizes, I also have the russell+hazel ones.

I guess the main thing is you have to be OK with the various weights and finishes on the plastics being in 1 book. One of my best IRL friends won't mix because that skeeves her out. LOL

Last edited: Jan 1, 2012