Plans for 2016?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Dec 8, 2015.

1. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

It's so fun to contemplate everybody else's process. It gives me food for thought and that's always a very good thing! Amber, I was sorry to hear that PL didn't work for you for a very selfish reason, I totally loved seeing those pages in the gallery!

2. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

I love reading everyone's experiences and ideas for 2016- I have sadly not printed my regular layouts for 2 years, only printing my PL books - which I love, but am a little behind at this point. I think for next year I am not going to force myself to document every week, instead I am going to just do a monthly 2 page spread, and then if I have more photos/stories just do more full page layouts- simple photos & word art & journaling with limited embellishments to include in the same book. Sounds like this type of idea might be working for several scrappers next year - yea! We can do this!! Now off to find the perfect templates!

3. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Oh, thank you.. :) Your comments always made me so happy.. :) :beat .. I'll still be doing PL, just a very simplified version.. And don't worry, I still plan on finishing 2015 - might not be until 2017, but we'll get there! :D

RebeccaH likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I did two-page weekly spreads in 2013 and 2014. I tried to be 'cool' and do monthly/themed pages for 2015 and gave it up very quickly after the new year. I've given myself permission to skip 2015 without guilt and am looking forward to getting back to it in 2016.

My OLW for 2016 is {em}body which is to say that I am focusing on emBODYing the best me I can be by focusing on my actual physical BODY (something I have avoided doing for almost my entire life). I am a word person (as you can tell by the previous sentence -- ha ha!) so I am going to try really hard to use less words & more photos ('body') in my PL. I plan on concentrating on taking better photos with a few words to supplement them vs. using words to tell a story and using an okay photo to supplement them. Does that make sense? I am also going to be documenting my journey to better physical health by taking at least one self portrait (not always my face, but also other parts of my body) per week AND using it in my PL and potentially a mini-album.

Otherwise, my PL format will be mostly the same as it was in 2013 and 2014: two page 12x12 chronological weekly spreads printed alongside my regular pages in one big ol' yearly book.

5. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I love this idea! I really think this is so awesome I might have to do something similar..

6. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Haven't decided what I'm going to do yet - I tend to only get to March if I'm lucky. I lead a busy but boring life so finding enough interesting things for PL is hard.

7. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Loooots of changes for me! I'm switching from digital to hybrid, possibly from 12x12 to 9x12 and I plan on using traditional pages in with my pocket pages. I actually love the eclectic look of mixing the two styles and I also love the freedom it gives me to still scrap my beloved traditional (digital) pages. I can't wait to see the gorgeous, textural book come together! So, yes. I think your idea is brilliant and that you'll love it!

I have something like these in mind. Sorry they're so small. Can't seem to get them sized right. :/
    Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.12.21 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-12-13 at 5.11.24 PM.jpg

8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I'm wondering the format I will use next year. I want to try 9 x 12, but don't know what template using ? Are there template in the format here ?

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I've been doing 9x12 for my DYD this year and love the size! Here are some templates by Valorie that I've been using...
    [​IMG]

10. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link !

11. renee82

renee82 renee82

I sadly only made it to week 30 this year and week 33 last year... summer seems to get the best of me and then I can't catch up. I will try again but I'm feeling defeated. My biggest issue is choosing a template....

12. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

I have decided to do a PL titled "All About Me". I haven't decided if it will be weekly or more a monthly layout that focuses on me (current life, changes, things in history).

13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

That is my plan also!!! I am calling it "project 1616" and mine is supposed to be 16 questions about me on the 16th of each month of 2016. I am turning 30, and thought it would be a good time for something like that. :D

14. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

This sounds like a really fun approach to this project! I can't wait to see how it comes together!

15. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

I'm not sure what my pkan will be for net year, maybe not weekly anymore, i meannot specific with weekcards, but just just depending the number of photo's i make for each month. I mean if it are just 4 pages for januray than it will be 4 pages (2 spreads). if more than it will be more.. for this year i noticed some weeks i didn;t made photo;s eather, so i skipped those weeks.

But really i'm not sure what i want to do next year lol!

16. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

I really like this idea! I "thought" about last year doing a My Selfie Scrapbook that was the big trend over the summer, but all I got through was the "thought" of it. I would like to do just a 6x8 or 5x7 album of a monthly questionnaire and selfie... Maybe 2016 is the year for that.

RebeccaH and klee73010 like this.