PL/P365 - Your own handwriting or a font?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by lmccandless, Dec 30, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Are you planning to write the journaling by hand or use your computer? Or are you super fancy and have a font of your own handwriting?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't even know how to write by hand anymore. LOL. I do have my own handwriting in both print and script that I made a long time ago and I always love the pages that I use those fonts on because they seem more "mine".

3. emilymerritt

emilymerritt skrpbkmom

I plan on doing most of mine on the computer...either printing out on the digital cards or using the tip of printing directly on the paper cards. I probably will use my handwriting somewhere though... :)

4. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

I do both, heh heh. My PL album has been an eclectic mix. Sometimes I journal on computer and print out directly onto the PL cards. Sometimes I make my own 4x6 or 3x4 canvas in PS and do the whole thing digi and print it out. Sometimes I just hand-write directly onto the cards. I guess I haven't been too concerned with uniformity, LOL.

5. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Oh, I should say, if I have a ton to journal, I usually do it on the computer, because then I can play with font size and line spacing to fit everything I want to say. But if it's just a couple of sentences and a date stamp, I just do it by hand.

6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I am thinking of giving this project a try and I think I'll use a mix. I'd love to know how to make my own handwriting into a font. Then again, my handwriting is subject to mood... lol.

7. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I'm thinking of going the easiest way possible, and that will be writing by hand.

8. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

I don't know. This is my first time tackling PL and I am real excited. I would like to do it on the computer and print directly on the cards but sometimes I think that robs the whole meaning from the album. Like a personal glimpse into our past and our memories would be sweeter if it was more "personal" maybe? I dunno. Plus my handwriting blows so I will probbly just stick with printing directly onto the cards. LOL!

9. Leah

Leah Member

If I decide to go ahead with this project, I might do both too. My own handwriting is, well, mine. I have it done up in a font as well, but I don't care for it. :( But I also have a ton of amazing fonts that I really love...so I'll probably do both.

10. Dana

Dana Dana

i think i'll probably do most of mine digitally ... using either a typewriter font or my own font that i had made ... i'll probably add handwritten letters or other notes into the album, so i don't feel guilty about not using my own (ugly) handwriting on the journaling cards ;)

11. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I'll be using my own custom handwriting font for most of it and will hand write little things here and there

12. judet

judet Active Member

I've made a font of my own handwriting on my dh's iPad. It kinda looks like my handwriting, but only if I'm printing very, very neatly. I'll probably keep trying and see if I can get a scruffier version :)

13. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

My handwriting can change at the drop of a hat. And when I moved, I left all my printers at home. So before the holidays I attended the Brooklyn flea market and picked up a typewriter. So I'll be doing all my stuff the old fashioned way and I can't wait!!

14. renee82

renee82 renee82

I think I'll be doing just fonts in my collection. I may think about redoing my own font since mine was done about 6 years ago... not sure yet.

15. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Probably both but I like the idea of using my own handwriting, I think when I'm gone the kids will appreciate that :) ack..that's morbid!

16. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

using the computer! I have super sucky handwriting hahaha!

17. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

this is me exactly.

i don't hate my handwriting, so i'm not against putting it into the album. but if there's LOTS to fit, i don't trust myself to judge that with my own writing.

18. Orange

Orange New Member

My handwriting is okay, but I'm typing and printing my journaling. I use a variety of fonts - pretty much whatever suits my mood. I like being able to edit what I write and adjust the font and size to fit my story. When I write directly on my journaling card I either end up with extra space or get cut off.