PL - How many binders?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by mishou, Dec 30, 2011.

1. mishou

mishou mishou

For those of you who have completed a full year of Project Life - how many binders did you fill? Did it all fit in just one? Or two? Or more?

My OCD tendencies dictate that if it takes more than one binder, both binders must be the exact same. So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order two now? Or is one enough?

Help! :D

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

My 2010 P365 in 1 binder. My 2011 Project Life is in 2 binders, but in all fairness, I added a TON of stuff...kids art, inserts, etc.

I have to say that I really don't love the PL binders. The 2011 ones did not hold up well. I was hoping that 2012 would be better quality but I am not that thrilled with it. Tooooo shiny and I suspect the kids will scuff it easily. I think I am going to switch to WRMK.

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

For 2011 I used 2 WRMK faux leather binders. They held up really well. I picked the same color for each year. For 2012 I think I'll do orange since that matches with Clementine.

4. alamama

alamama New Member

good to know. what is WRMK? where do i get them?

5. lmccandless

WRMK is We R Memory Keepers. The Becky Higgins pockets fit their albums
    http://weronthenet.com/albums

You can find them online and, at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  6. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

REALLY?? That is good to know! I've been sitting here waiting forever for the signature binder to be released and now I'm thinking maybe I should just go with WRMK. I have an 8.5x11 album ready to go for an album I'm doing in 2012 called "Snapshots". I also did my December Daily in a WRMK binder too, and I am happy with those binders.

Durability is important in a scrapbook album. Hmmm...dang Laura, now I'm not sure what to do!

7. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

I get mine on Amazon.com.

8. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

9. mishou

mishou mishou

thanks for the input ladies! i did some snooping online after i posted and it looks like a lot of people end up with two binders. i don't expect to have much "stuff" to add but maybe i'll get two just in case.

i was already looking at the WRMK ones. Christine - i like your idea to use a different colour each year!

10. lmccandless

I know I read on Becky's blog that the Signature binders will be wipeable, so I am guessing they will probably be more durable. I just like having each year being a different color instead of all the same. I know many people want them all to match though.

11. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I went with WRMK as well and I think I might go with two. I just went with black for this year. Not sure if I will stick with that for each year or mix it up each time. I think it feels durable!

12. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

Alright, I pulled the trigger. Thanks to Christine's link, I got the album for $17.99! I also found a coupon code for shipping for $2.95. (EXT365)

I got the vanilla one:
    [​IMG]

To answer Michelle's original question, I only bought one. I figure I'll pick up another one later this year.

I too like the idea of each year being a different color.

13. alamama

alamama New Member

thanks ladies. amy, i like the vanilla one too. off to check it out!

14. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

15. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I got the Kiwi and Strawberry! I love the bold colors of the WRMK leather binders :)

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So, stupid question, but can you buy the binder pages anywhere other than amazon? Are there other brands anywhere or is project life too new still? The only reason I ask is because I want to touch and feel the stuff to help me decide which pages I might want.

17. skyezak

skyezak Member

I won't use any other branded albums apart from WRMK. I started paper scrapping over 8 years ago and have a range of 12x12 and 8.5x11 ones. They are the most durable of all the albums I've tried and also their page protectors are so thick and withstand the weight of lumpy/bumpy pages. And the PL albums are made by WRMK so they're going to be good quality. I ordered 2 of the Cobalt albums so hoping that will be enough for 2012.

18. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I'm really thinking I'll end up needing 2. We'll see.

19. lmccandless

You can buy the divided protectors at Joann's, Hobby Lobby, Archivers (always has a great selection) and most LSS. They will be the We Are R Memory Keepers or American Crafts brands for the most part. However, you can only get the Design A format through Becky/Amazon. A is sold out right now, so the 6 across protectors would be a good place to start if you want to get them locally.

20. alamama

alamama New Member