PL Dilemma

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Ink and Pixels, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

I'm doing a monthly style PL version this year. Everything is digital.. And I like doing it this way. My problem is that I'm finding I may want to keep a few memorabilia type things. I try to scan and include it that way on my layouts - but I'm still finding I want the originals. I ran into that with a few other vacation pages too now that I think about. Anyone else run into this? Any ideas on how to handle it?

Thanks for any advice you have..

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

How are you planning on printing your layouts? If you are doing a book, that makes it a bit more difficult, but if you aren't opposed to printing and putting them in an album, you could just put your digital layouts into 12x12 page protectors and then add in smaller or misc sized protectors with your memorabilia. I am doing my PL mostly digital, but I have a variety of page protectors and am loving adding in bits and pieces of things along the way.

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

there are really cute paperclips out there in so many cute shapes and colors, you could paperclip them to the month you're saving it for

4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

5. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

If you are planning to print 12x12 and want to include little bits and pieces, you could always leave a space in your layout and then attached the memorabilia to your 12x12 page, rather than using the divided pocket protectors.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Also, if you are planning on printing in photobook form, Shutterfly now has the option to have a memorabilia pocket stuck to the inside cover for a couple extra dollars. I'm not sure how big it is though.

7. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I use memorabilia pockets from the Project Life system. I have a 12x12 envelope in the back of my album that I can tuck things into.

8. Ink and Pixels

These are some fabulous ideas - ladies! I have yet to print any of my pages - gasp! I was going to uses shutterfly but since I don't scrap chronologically I decided to go the binder route instead so I can move pages around, insert, etc. im hoping to print some when persnickity has a sale next time. :) These ideas really give me some good options - I think I'll pick up some pocket inserts, love the idea of leaving space on the layout to attach something after or even paper clipping. I think I'll be trying out all theses ideas. Thank you!

9. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I do mine all digitally. I take a photo or scan what I want included and add to my page mostly. You could also have a memory box that you can store along with your photo albums where you can store the original stuff.

10. Ink and Pixels

Every time I see your username I chuckle.. My cousin just had triplets.. So fun, but ohhhhh so little sleep!

I have been scanning items and including them on the layout - but then I can't seem to toss the actual item! I blame project mouse with those cool vintage Disney tickets freebies! It got me thinking.. I know I have a couple myself and am glad I never tossed them. Finding them is another story though..

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i'm doing my PL all digital this year, and i'm printing a bound book from Shutterfly. For memorabilia, I'm planning on leaving blank pages with no pics, and maybe just dropping a patterned paper onto the page as a background. Then I'll probably use one of the Smash pockets or some similar storage envelope and adhere that onto the blank page to slide the keepsakes into. For my children's gymnastics books, I'll do the same thing for pages for ribbons or good luck charms they received for meets. It's a pretty simple solution really, it just requires a bit of planning ahead to know what you want to include.

Hope you find a solution that works for you!

12. Ink and Pixels

Rebecca - that is a great solution! Such a clever idea and planning ahead. I like the dea of adding the patterned paper as the background in preparation.

Every lunch break this week I've been to the craft store or staples trying to sort out my solution! I was planning to go with some 8.5 x 11 3.5 card pages insert pages (we r memory keepers has them) but now I'm worried that i'll have one movie ticket per insert - so it would be a waste. I'm starting to lean more towards a a pocket or memorabilia section in the book to hold items. Here is the other kicker... I have a 4x6 album already with all my concert, shows, sports, and other special tickets dating back many years... So do I leave them there or redo those too? And then I'm torn - do I keep adding new tickets to that or put them with my pages? Such a tangled web! You can see I'm starting to spiral.. If it weren't for legacy stuff it would be an easier decision. Ugh!