PL Chit Chat?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by ang517, May 1, 2012.

1. itsmeamanda

itsmeamanda New Member

I'm totally stalking Becky Higgin's twitter because I NEED some of the new protectors. I think they'll be a size for inserts (specifically the 4x6 and 5x7s) when I just want one BIG pictures for impact. I'm also wanting the 4x6 grid cards as well, and MAYBE a pack of the 3x4 grid cards. I can't justify much else considering I've only used 5-6 of the cards from the Cobalt kit.....sad, I know.

2. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Is it sad that I stopped doing weekly Project Life after Week 26, and I still want to buy some of the new 3x4 and 4x6 colored cardstock, blank white cards, and grid cards coming out? LOL. I must restrain myself. I will probably never use them.

3. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

4. sucali

sucali sucali

Ooooh Christine you shouldn't give us this links...ooooh wow this new stuff is soooo beautiful!!!!
    I would love to have everything (but I think as always I would have problems to get it to Germany...), it looks so so sweet!
    But I'm not sure...I'm thinking about going back to digital next year...

5. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

LOL Christine, I am hoping you change your mind! I will miss seeing your beautiful pages!

6. ang517

ang517 New Member

THE NEW CORE KITS ARE ON AMAZON TONIGHT!!! What a surprise after reading about the delays of the plastics earlier today. I'm finally getting Clementine. =) I also grabbed an extra tray b/c they look very cool and I think it will come in handy.

AND I ordered pics for weeks 25-26-27 and 28! I've got my rough layout done for those weeks as well as notes for each day. I'm getting caught up. Once my kit comes I'm going to try more handwriting and less computer journaling which I THINK will allow me to move faster.

YAY!!

7. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I just tried to order 2 more of Clementine as gifts but they are gone already. Hopefully they are just restocking! I want some of the new plastics too.

8. ang517

ang517 New Member

Now the plastics are available too! I'm off my feet b/c I'm still in the cast from my surgery in June so I just don't get tired like I normally would. I tend to stay up til 2 or 3am then crash til noon. I usually check email/fb/twitter on my phone before I head to bed and I just noticed that all the new plastics are available; total surprise.

I'm not seeing Clementine anymore either but I bet it's a re-stock issue. Becky mentioned that they had huge quantities of everything.

9. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

omgosh, Christine! I love that Sn@p! system. 12x12 is so huge, BUT I think that size might be too small. When will the new line be available? Maybe we could get them to put up a digital line here at The Lilypad...

10. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

I'm pretty behind, between having a baby, going to Indonesia for ten days three weeks later and then moving two weeks after that...I'm feeling pretty good that I at least HAVE pictures for those weeks! I've got most of the weeks planned out, I just need to put them on cards. I think I'm going to take a much simpler approach; I really like to scrap my PL cards, but I love the more simple photo focused pages, too, and that's what I'm going with this time.

11. Cristina

I just placed my order for the small plastics! Yay, perfect timing too since I'm working on a super long week with tons of inserts, and I was getting tired of Design G! :giggle

12. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  13. ang517

ang517 New Member

Just checking in... how's it going??? I'm happily using Clementine now that I finally have it and I've totally given up on computer journaling! I don't like my handwriting any better than I used to but I've come to accept it. LOL

I'm behind in completing layouts this summer but I've still got all my pics (most of them in their pockets) & my notes. I just spent 9 weeks in a cast. I thought I would be working on PL the entire time but for the first month I couldn't find a comfortable place to work where my leg could still be properly elevated. So I took pics & notes until I could get back to my album. I'm not stressed about it but I did think I'd be further along than I am... oh well, no biggie. Still having fun!!

Loving all the new stuff BH is coming out with, looking forward to the new plain white & large grid cards as well as the Bazzill cardstock cards. I won't "need" a new kit but I think I'm dying to get Seafoam. LOL I DEFINITELY don't need a baby kit but seeing that video has me thinking about re-doing my DD's baby album. (She's 13!)

Lately I've been thinking about 2013 and if I'll continue with PL as a P365 thing. I don't really "see" myself doing it 365, but maybe I'll figure out something else. Or maybe I'll just work on catching up on the last 6 years of photos that are organized in a box, sitting on a shelf. ;)

What about you?? Keeping up? Having fun? Any plans for 2013 you want to share?

(Remember... I have no one IRL to talk to about this, so I'm counting on you ladies! )

14. Cristina

Yay Ang, thanks for pulling this up! I love to chat about my PL - I guess I like to chat about it since I don't have much to show because I'm so behind! :giggle

I'm working steadily on it. 10 full weeks behind, but who's counting, right?? :) A few weeks ago I strongly hinted to DH that I am disappointed that he doesn't care about the stuff I make - the PL album, of course, and other things too. For the past 20 months I've made him a card each week and I got the feeling he couldn't care less, so I asked him if it mattered to him. Obviously he said yes, but he's been rather more attentive since then, so I'm hoping he didn't just say it to make me happy. He even asked to look at my PL album, which was pretty awesome. He liked it, and his last comment was "is this it? Why are you so behind?". :rofl

I keep working in chronological order. I take daily notes about what happened and I don't feel like I'm forgetting much.

I am not sure what to do for 2013.. On one hand, I have a few plastics so I should use them up.. but on the other hand, if I remain so behind as I am now, it doesn't make much sense to continue. I will postpone the decision.

15. ang517

ang517 New Member

I have no idea about next year so the fact that I plan on buying Seafoam & lots of the cardstock cards is pretty silly. But I really want to continue in some way, just not P365 style. I SO love that PL has got me back in my craft room again after atleast 2 years! So I'm also postponing my decision.

16. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I just got a little inspired here reading this! I am actually current with mine but am just not feelin' the week by week approach for next year. Of course, if my daughter begs I might have to continue. It is still the first thing she does when she gets home from college after hugs and petting the animals. I am the holder of all of grandma's heritage photos. I went through them with my dad and have tons of notes about who and about when, using these plastics and cards could help me get them out of albums and in some semblance of order. I could even move stuff around before actually getting the cards going! I am officially motivated for that becoming next years project with a more haphazard when I feel like stuff with our day to day now.

17. listgirl

listgirl listgirl

Hi girls, saw this post updated again and I'm chiming in! :)

I stopped doing weekly PL at the end of June, after 26 consecutive weeks. I gave myself permission to stop documenting on a weekly basis. But I have to say I do miss it! Even though a lot of my creative time has been freed up to do whatever I want, which was the point of not doing weekly PL anymore.

Going forward my plan is to do Month-In-Review collages and journaling, and add to my new PL album (2nd one) as I feel like it. I also add any memorabilia, journaling, 12x12, 8x8, 6x6, or any pages I make in there. So it won't be a PL album per se, but a mixed album of my life. I feel like that's way more do-able for me right now.

I think what happened was I got caught up in the "good enough" game. I was showing my pages on my blog and people liked them. So I was spending too much time trying to make it too scrappy and complicated. I love my album but in the end it's for me and for Todd and not for anyone else. So the break I've had with weekly PL has given me a better perspective of why I did it, and how I want to continue on! :)

18. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

omgosh, I'm ten weeks behind too! I decided to do week 34 on one page, and that got me back in the swing of things. I've got each week mapped out, with the photo clipped in their spots for each of the ten weeks I am behind; I just need to make the spreads look pretty.

And my husband hasn't looked at my layouts (even when they're printed) since the FIRST YEAR I went digital, which was 2004. : ( But my kids love their albums, and even if no one else cared about them, I do so love them. That's sweet of him to ask about your creative stuff.

19. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I'm gonna do digital again next year, but I'm not sure if I'll do weekly again or not... I guess it depends on how far behind I get now that homeschooling is starting up again and I have two kiddos I'm teaching now LOL... I'm not really behind right now... I'm working on the other half of week 34 so I'm pretty happy with where I'm at and still really enjoying it... I've found that I tend to spend the last week of every month catching up for that month LOL

20. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I can't wait for this... totally going to use it for December Daily... WOOT!!!