Pittsburgh Half Marathon - May 4th

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by stampin_rachel, Jan 5, 2014.

1. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

Well, I did it. I signed up for the Pittsburgh Half Marathon. This will be my second half marathon and I am actually excited for it! Anybody want to join me???

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'll join you in that I'll cheer for you! My hubby didn't do one in 2013 and was all bummed about it. I think he'll be doing one sometime this year too.

3. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

One day . . . but not THIS year for me! Congrats . . . can't wait to hear about it!

4. AmberR

AmberR Take that naysayers! Pink is my color.

I wish i could join you. I still haven't managed a half. life got in the way. :( however, don't see how I could get to pittsburgh! ha ha! I'll have to find one here instead.

5. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

Congratulations!!
    I'd like to do my first half marathon this fall but I don't know how to prepare it. Now I run 30-60 min 3 times per week and I'm so in love with running (I began from zero in 2012)

6. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

I am running my first half marathon in 7 weeks at Disney World! We are running a 10k and a half marathon back to back (Sat. and Sun.). I am so nervous and excited all at the same time! Rachel - way to go for signing up for another one - the first one must have went great for you! Have you ever thought of running a marathon or maybe a 25k? The Fifth Third River Bank Run (largest 25k in US I think) is held in Grand Rapids MI (about 30 min. from my home), and I entertain the idea of running it in 2015 (early May)! Can't believe I even say that - guess I better wait to decide until after my first half marathon!

dennydenny...I have been loving the Jeff Galloway training method (Disney running guy) - google it! We have been training for our half and I do 2 30 min. runs (Tuesdays and Thursdays), and then my longer runs on Saturdays. And every other Sat. you do a "shorter" run, so this past Sat. I ran only 3 miles, but this coming Sat. I am up to my 11 mile run, and then the following Sat. I will go back down to like a 4 mile run. Anyway - I have found this training program to be very "do-able" (minus the 8+ mile runs, which never seem do-able, but I always conquer)! Jeff Galloway also is a huge proponent of a walk/run method of racing. Interesting concept that I have not completely embraced. I struggle getting started again once I walk, so I try to push thru as long as I can running, and don't do exact intervals like he suggests. Anyway - something to look into for you if you want to start training for something. Another tip I have is to sign up for a run...it pushes you/forces you to train. Once you are signed up for something you have an actual commitment!

7. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

Way to go Rachel and Amanda!!! I'll cheer you on from here!!!

8. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

Thank you Amanda! I'm going to search it.

9. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm doing the full, I think.