Pinterest and instagram images.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Nemla, Apr 17, 2019.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I still really like Pinterest. I get a few "dead links" here and there, but mostly I'm just pinning for visual inspiration and not for the "source". The recipes I pin all link back appropriately, as do most scrap pages and everything else is just pinned for "inspiration." I don't think I've ever been taken to Instagram - though I can see how that would happen given the number of user pinning from there.

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That's so cool - there are three of us so far. It sure has changed over the years and not for the better. I remember when they decided to monetize - I thought "there it goes". :(

Chippi likes this.
  3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I know , a lot of it is just visual inspiration, and for that it is ok , but at the moment I am trying to learn 3 new things ( stamping and patch work and the ongoing quest.. photography.) I know there is u-tube , but If I love " that one card" -, quilt,- photo technique then that is the one I want. I still do go on it, and used it , and pin, I am just sorry it changed.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I was on Instagram from the beginning before Facebook took over and I used to do a lot of photography challenges there. I miss those days where it was more about the photos than getting likes. My cat does have an account because she is a special needs pet, and I am trying to spread awareness about her disease.

I still like Pinterest but basically use it for layout inspiration, and if it’s a recipe I just make sure it links back. Haven’t had too much trouble with that. When I get sucked into the crafting pins I try not to pin because who am I kidding, I will never make whatever it is, lol.

Nemla likes this.