Pillowcases....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Jan 12, 2021.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Do you have a certain one? Material? Better for cooling? Better for skin? Hair?

I woke up the other day and had a slight crease in my face, lol! Wrinkle? Not sure if the right word. It happens from time to time, and doesn't take long to go away. This crease, mainly cause of the way I was laying on my stomach, and I was up but not out of bed, playing on my phone... didn't go away for at least 15 minutes... I thought back to other times, and it's mostly when I wake from sleeping, not phone ogling.

So, it made me wonder about pillow cases and if people have special ones. Do you?

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I like them made from brush cotton, but most in our house are just normal cotton.

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have two, a plain white cotton and a microfiber that I really don’t care for but goes with our sheet set. I also get face creases, but from my eye mask. They take forever to go away simply because I’m getting older and my skin is less elastic. Sigh...

4. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

I have organic cotton sheets. Yah a snob since menopause..... maybe dehydration is causing it?

jk703 likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I just use regular cotton pillowcases, but then again, I sleep on my back . . . well, it's an adjustable bed, so I have my head and feet elevated, almost in a V shape, so only the back of my neck and head use the pillow.

I've heard that silk pillowcases are highly recommended for reducing wrinkles in skin.

cfile and jk703 like this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Cotton flannel sheets here ... soft and snuggly ... I use them year round.

HavaDrPepper likes this.
  7. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Lol Jenn! I actually have an obsession with bedding. I love bedding sets, comforters, quilts, & Vellux blankets. I recently got a sheet set off Amazon for $14 (full size) & they are amazing. Just regular microfiber with a little embroidery at the edge. But, they fit so well & washed up nice. They keep going in & out of stock. I will totally buy more.

jk703 likes this.
  8. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

My sheets and pillowcases are made from bamboo. They are so soft and comfortable to sleep on. I'm not sure if my wrinkles are caused by them, though. lol.

jesskab and jk703 like this.
  9. jk703

I'm going to do more research! :giggle Thanks ladies. Off to look up some of these different kinds. I have no clue what mine are at the moment!

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I have a satin pillowcase that, supposedly, is easier on your hair. My husband has really sensitive skin so we use 1000 thread Count Egyptian cotton sheets. I could sleep on burlap and it would not bother me.

11. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I use cotton pillow cases. never noticed face wrinkles from pillow cases, however that said, I heard satin pillowcases are good for that and for your hair while sleeping... :) Good luck!

12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I prefer Egyptian cotton and a high thread count.

About the "wrinkle", Jenn @jk703 - the dermatologists actually call them "sleep wrinkles". The one I went to said to "try to stay off your face" while you sleep. As if we know where our faces are while we're sleeping. LOL But ever since, I've made a conscious effort to NOT sleep on the side of my face. (Who knows what happens while I'm asleep) but I haven't had very many "sleep wrinkles" since.

jk703 likes this.
  13. jk703

I cannot stop laughing that he said try to stay off your face! Hahahahaha! OMG... I would've laughed in the office. Seriously. And then there's me... I'm done for. I sleep on my side or stomach!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  14. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Plain ol' normal cotton for me.
    I have thought about silk, but really wrinkles are a sign that I have lived smiling.
    So we just keep on keeping on.

15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i bought bamboo cooling pillow protectors but just use a cotton pillow case over the top (bought them more for the summer, those too hot nights, turn my pillow over again nights, but found i use it year round now. Have tried satin in the past but found it's kinda sweaty feeling, i wasn't thinking about wrinkles at that stage & don't think it did much for my hair either, and although microfibre was nice enough, it was still a bit sweaty feeling (DH hated them but he prefers thread bare sheets & that has been an issue of contention! the compromise is we usually have not-matching pillow cases under the me: 'decorative accent', him: 'freaking pointless' pillows).

Memaw2Wm and Karen like this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh goodness. I'm screwed too because I sleep mostly on my side and stomach, but also occasionally I try to start on my back. It never fails though, I end up on my side again. I woke up a few weeks ago with a "sleep wrinkle" straight up and down my check. I must have really smooshed my face into the pillow that day. It's was weird and I'd never seen that quite like that before. :giggle

We have the same brand of sheet (and pillowcases) on all of our beds from Amazon that we love and they are inexpensive. They've worn very well for the many years we've been using them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QLNWXJ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

jk703 likes this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I had a silk pillowcase for my hair. I didn't like it because it felt slippery. So, I alternate depending on which pillow I use that night between a regular cotton one and the Grogu one I swiped from my kid. Target says it's polyester. I haven't noticed sleep wrinkles yet.
    *My two pillows: One is when I start to sleep on my back, the other my stomach. If it's a side sleep night - it's whichever feels more comfortable. Yes, I'm totally weird when it comes to sleeping positions.

18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I totally understand that! Although I cannot sleep on my stomach. I start on my right side and hug a separate pillow (goes back to my post rotator cuff surgery days). By morning I am on my left side. But I toss and turn all night long. Back when I used to wake up multiple times during the night, I would be in different positions at various times.

As for my pillowcase, I honestly don't know what I have. Sheet sets that I've had so long I don't even remember where I bought them but they are probably the generic cotton. I do have a couple of flannel sets as well.

19. jk703

Lol! Some of you sound just like me! I'm going to find a pillow for creases!

ETA: when I google... it says satin or silk.... I might be like Courtney, the slippery part for silk might feel strange.