Pick Your Prize Instructions and Questions

Discussion in 'Pick Your Prize' started by mrs2a50, Sep 26, 2019.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Our popular Pick Your Prize giveaways are back! Each one of our designers is giving away one of their products to a lucky winner and the winner gets to choose what that prize will be!

To play along, all you need to do is look through the designer's store and choose one product that you would love to win (PLEASE REMEMBER: collabs and CU products are excluded). Then post in the thread and tell us what it is. If you can show the product image and link to the product, that would be great, but it is not required. You can post in as many designers threads as you want, but only one time per designer. At the end of DSD weekend, one lucky poster in each designer's thread will be selected (via random number generator) to win their prize!

Here are the rules for these giveaways:

1. Pick one product only per designer thread.
    2. Collaborations and CU products are excluded.
    3. Products must be chosen before Saturday, October 5, at 11PM EST.

Good luck everyone and have fun picking your prize!

If you have a question regarding any of the 'Pick Your Prize' threads, please post them here. Thanks!

Avia likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Remind me, please - can we pick a collab if the other designer is not part of TLP?

3. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

Hi. Are the Scrappable/Stackable Templates by Lynn Grieveson/Nifty Pixels allowed?

4. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Sorry guys - I answered Bev on Friday from my phone, but it looks like it didn't save. Collabs are NOT allowed, either with designers from another store or with designers at TLP, because it affects the allocations with those designers through Xcart. Plus, with designers from other stores, they have not given permission for their product to be given away. Thanks for your understanding!

@BevG @nanascrapper @busywoman139

busywoman139, Lisa B and Bagheertje like this.
  6. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

I cannot figure out how to save the link on the photo of the kit. I keep doing them separately, but I see others do the link by just clicking on the photo of the kit. Is there a tutorial on that, or a simple "how-to" instruction anyone can give me?

7. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

I'll tell you my method, but there's probably a faster way.
    After pasting in the image of the kit, I highlight the image and while it's highlighted select the Link icon. Then I go copy the page address of the item in the shop, and paste that into the link field. That makes the image the actual link to the store. Hope this helps!

Lisa B likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Thanks @mrs2a50!! Now to find the ones I included...

9. Kailey Greenwood

Kailey Greenwood Member

How will the winners be notified? I'd like to unsubscribe from the threads if possible
    :)

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

10. umyesh

If I remember correctly, there is usually a new thread created for the Pick Your Prize winners and then winners are later notified individually via conversation/direct message.

Kailey Greenwood likes this.
  11. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

umyesh likes this.
  12. emjaytee

emjaytee Member

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums (but have been purchasing for quite a while! :thumbsups ) and I cannot for the life of me work out how to add a picture of the kit to my post. I have added the link to the kit, but not the picture. I have tried a few different ways, and get the following error message:

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

13. umyesh

Welcome to the forums! I may not be the best person to help but I will try! Are you copying the image url and adding it to the thread by clicking the image icon and pasting it there? If not, what is your method? That way I can try it your way and see what happens for me.

14. emjaytee

emjaytee Member

Thank you!

I have tried these 6 ways:

Right click image
    Copy Image Address
    Click on the Image icon on the post, then enter the Image URL

Rick click image
    Copy Image
    Click on the Image icon on the post, then enter the Image URL

Save the image to my computer
    Click on the More Options button in the post
    Upload the jpg file

I have also tried to upload it from Flickr using the Share, Embed and BB code, but none of those options worked either.

I am so frustrated that I cannot work this out myself! I didn't realise I was so tech challenged! :nope

ETA: I just tried posting a picture on a brand new post, and it worked just fine. For some reason I can't add the picture in edit mode to an existing post. Oh well, at least I know it's working for next time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    umyesh likes this.
  15. umyesh

I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating! I don't know how to help you since you've tried everything I would try. I'm glad you have a work-around figured out at least. Good luck!

@bellbird is this a posting problem an admin would need to fix? Sorry I don't know who else to tag.

16. michelepixels

michelepixels Amazing, Awesome and Wonderful!

I think new members have to have a number of posts before they are allowed to post images. Not sure exactly, but I know there are some restrictions on members before they reach a number of posts. It's a small number though! Play some of the games in the forum and then try again! Happy DSD!

17. SLKendall

SLKendall Member

While I know we had until last night to Pick Your Prize, I am wondering when we will be notified. I ask because the items are half price and I will just buy them if I do not win...Hate to win something I already bought...

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

If it's something you really, really want, I'd go ahead and buy it if the price is right. When you look at the number of people who have responded in Pick Your Prize, it's a fairly slim chance of winning. And if you did win, I bet the designer would be willing to gift you a different prize of similar value when they contact you about the prize.

19. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

It takes a little time to compile, but Julie @mrs2a50 usually has it posted by Sunday night so you can purchase on Monday if you didn't win.

SLKendall likes this.
  20. SLKendall

SLKendall Member

Thank you for your help.

bestcee likes this.