Photoshop Styles - Organizing

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

My photoshop styles are just this huge long list. I know I can change them to thumbnails but I am wondering if there is a way to put them in a folder like actions are stored? This way you can close them and open them as needed. Or is there a better way to keep them from being a mile long and having to scroll through them struggling to find what you want.

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I need some tips too...lol

Kat likes this.
  3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm not at home, otherwise, I'd take a picture... but they are similar to my supplies folder... I change out the folder to look like the preview. I also have a magnifier for my PC laptop, similar to the Mac space bar, to bring it bigger real fast.

[​IMG]

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I show styles by name and small thumbnail and go into the preset manager to organize into shadow style groups i.e. paper, buttons, wire, ribbon, etc, following the shadow styles I then have the other style groups loaded per designer. It makes it easy to scroll thru my styles menu.

5. LovelyMissKait

LovelyMissKait Well-Known Member

How do you change out the file to look like the preview? I can see the tiny preview inside the folder, but I would like the folder to look like the preview like you show on your screenshot. that would save me some time! Thanks. Kait
    (I use windows 10)

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

jk703 likes this.
  7. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

In my CS6 I will mostly just have uploaded to my Styles in the program the ones I use the most ( Fiddle Dee Dee Shadows are never removed ) and then just add ones as I use them and when finished I delete them from the Preset Manager.

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Like Anne-Marie, I only load what I plan to use, then I delete before closing PS CC. I have a few go-to styles that I keep in my Styles constantly, like Mommish's enamel pin maker. If I buy a style pack (or if a bundle comes with it) for MPM or Storyteller, etc, then I load the styles when I'm working with the corresponding month's collection; then, when I'm done, I delete because otherwise I'd have a ton and I know they can bog down PS. And it's the same for my actions: I have only a few in there.

Maybe you could make a Favorites folder and put shortcuts to your most-used styles in it. Then you can easily grab what you want without having so many loaded at once?

9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That link is how I process the folder preview! Let me know if you have questions!

Thanks Courtney!

bestcee likes this.
  10. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I've only just switched to PS so maybe everyone already knows this tip I just read but I think its really going to help me out. You can load all your styles of a certain type, say gesso, wood, shadows, etc. then you can go into the Preset Manager and save them in a folder named for the type of style (under your styles preset folder). Then, they show up when you load PS as a menu item under your styles, so you can load only shadows or paint, etc.

11. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

This might be what I have to do... I hope for a folders update eventually like in the actions panel.

12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I keep only a handful (ha- really it's a very large man's handful!!!) installed. Otherwise I keep them all (thousands!!!) in a folder that I drag & drop into the layers style panel to install as needed. It also helps photoshop open/close faster!

13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I keep all the shadow styles on my computer but put all the others in a folder with the preview image on each folder. February will be another clean up the actions and styles time.

bestcee likes this.