Photoshop Confusion Which One?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Tahnaykay, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Tahnaykay

Tahnaykay New Member

I am looking into purchasing either Photoshop Elements 11, Photoshop CC or Photoshop CS6 and I'm confused as to which one to purchase my main purpose for using either is for anything involving scrapbooking I won't be using the software to edit photos in a manner where the person or individuals don't look like themselves thank you kindly for your response in advance :)

2. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

You can use all of those for scrapbooking, but if you're new to Photoshop, I'd probably go with Elements.

3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

If you have not used any software from photo shop before, Elements is the easier to learn to use. If it does not have to be a photo shop ( or other adobe product) then the Serif CraftArtist software is both easier to use ,does more than Elements,and is cheaper...

4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I would go with CS6, and learn it! You can do everything the others can, and this is the LAST hard copy of CS you can purchase before the CLOUD subscription! I am pondering buying it just for that! You can learn it, there are so many FREE videos, and us to help!

5. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Yep, I'd say Elements. Will do everything you want.

6. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

If $$ is a consideration, Elements is the way to go. It is plenty powerful for normal scrapping, is easier and much cheaper. I've used PSE and have thought of switching to CS6 but can't justify it since I don't even use PSE to it's full capacity. Just another opinion for the pot :)

Now, if $$ is no object, go for the full monty ;)

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Exactly this ^^

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yep, Jen is right on the money... literally... LOL!!!! If money is not problem CS6 and google all the tons of classes or sign up for some basic CS Photoshop classes for scrapbookers. If money is tight or you want some leftover money to buy more digi-supplies then go with PSE. Elements is now REALLY REALLY close to a CS version. Very little stuff is different and it's mostly designer stuff. Either way I would get some scrappers classes to help you get on-board faster and avoid as most frustration as you can.