Photoless layouts

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 29, 2019.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Have been struggling with not taking photos (health dictated that unfortunately) but I’ve got tons of things I want to scrap without photos. My question is how do you create photoless pages especially if you are mainly a scrapper who uses templates or scraplifts?

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Use the template as a base and where there is a spot for a photo, perhaps change it up for a JC in place of the photo or even use that as a journaling spot :) Also check out the Art Journaling gallery to get some ideas....

Also start with the journaling in a shape.. perhaps a rectangle, or circle and then after the journaling accent it with elements.

Those are just a few of my ideas for you Jennifer @littlekiwi

Cherylndesigns, Ferdy and littlekiwi like this.
  3. cfile

@littlekiwi another idea is the traveling notebook pages.. you can put thoughts down and decorate with papers and elements.

Cherylndesigns and littlekiwi like this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I just put a journal card or something in the spot of the photo if I'm using a template and then I just journal to tell the story I want to remember. Here are a couple examples:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really love Liz's Artsy Journal templates for my photoless layouts that need lots of journaling. :agree

5. littlekiwi

Thanks @Karen for sharing your layouts - they are all so creative

Karen likes this.
  6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thanks! I'd love to take credit, but honestly they are all just awesome templates! :)

littlekiwi likes this.
  7. cfile

@littlekiwi Jennifer.. I just made this one quick using the wedding song for me and my DH.. we will celebrate 27 years in July... anyway another example of photoless... @Karen Karen gave you some great examples using templates!!

[​IMG]

Cherylndesigns, klee73010 and Karen like this.
  8. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

On a photoless page, I generally do the journaling first & build the rest of the page around it.

Karen, cfile and klee73010 like this.
  9. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

great ideas, @cfile and @Karen !! It's been months since I did a photoless page, this one I did for MOC, for me, it's easier to go more for an art journaling page...but I like the examples in this thread, using lyrics is also a great idea!
    [​IMG]

Karen and cfile like this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I found one more I did, you could scrap about lists...or currently reading, watching, etc:
    [​IMG]

11. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I also like to search my stash for a related kit and use the wild patterned paper to tell the story. For ex: we often visit a water park where the phones and cameras stay in the car. So I will do a page with water related things and then journal about what we did, what we liked, etc.
    [​IMG]

Or this one which documents where we ate out while on vacation.
    [​IMG]

12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

like others have mentioned, I put a JC in a photo spot. Sometimes I remove the photo and put elements (or nothing lol) in its place.(Both pages are made with a template)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rebecca's art dolls could be a way to show emotion or have a "person focal point" that you'd otherwise have via a photo:
    [​IMG]
    My AJ-style photo-less pages are usually heavy on the WA.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and if the page isn't WA-heavy, then I like to play around with contrast and texture, like in these pages
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and don't forget MOC7 Day18 - Elements on a Path. You could make a shape related to what your page is about. Mine is a light bulb because that's what DS yells when he has an idea. I don't have a pic of him yelling it cuz it's random lol, so this challenge really worked for that memory.
    [​IMG]

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I agree with all of these ideas. I find myself doing more and more photoless pages. If you have quotes that you like you can use them as a focal point. A lot of times I’ll fill a frame with a patterned paper or just a color then put the quote in the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen likes this.
  14. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love photoless pages! But I always need to have a focal point, like a quote, a big title, an art doll etc.
    Here are some examples from my gallery's first page
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Regarding the template, I do the same as mentioned above: I clip papers or tags in the photo spots.
    Here are two pages with templates by FDD. I have more, but aren't TLP template designers and I don't want to post them in this thread.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  15. littlekiwi

Thanks all, I’m hoping to get some scrapping time once I’m finished my work contract in a little under 2 weeks now so will try some of these ideas.

16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

You could use screen shots from the web. Maybe about a trip you want to take, or the weather like this one I madee
    [​IMG]

Or using a journal card as the "photo" spot like this one
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  17. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Also, using stock photos if the pages are just for you are fine.