Photographers: which bag do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by PLM, Sep 25, 2014.

1. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Hi girls,

I believe there are some amateur photographers here. I see lots of gorgeous photos passing by, so I'm sure of it. :beat

I am following a second season of photographer's lessons and now I found myself with too much gear, I need something to put it all together in.
    Right now I have a little slingpack where I can put in my camera, my extra lens and my batteries. But I also bought an extra flash and I have a little and a big tripod.

As I had a first search on the net, I noticed there were 2 things I could choose from (I never want a sling bag again :thumbsdowns)

Something like this: [​IMG] where you can put in things like that: [​IMG] and hang a tripod next to it.
    Or such a bag:
    [​IMG]
    but I don't see where you could hang your tripod on.
    What are your experiences and do you have a certain model you could recommend me?

Thx! :flirty

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  2. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

If I'm hiking around, I've found it easier to wear a backpack type bag. But if I'm out in a city, I prefer something that I can wear over my shoulder and keep a hand on. It all depends on what and where you are shooting I guess. Also, I never carry around all of my gear, so I tend toward smaller bags...but that's just me. I have a lightweight carbon fiber tripod that I have a strap on it so I can carry it over my shoulder (or my husband can LOL). I've never strapped one on my bag, so I'm not a lot of help in that department.

3. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have two bags that I use. My older one is a sling bag that I absolutely love. You wear it on your back, but it easily rotates around to your front so you can zip it open, get what you need, and then slide it to your back again. I love it because it's lightweight but very durable and has a decent amount of space. Mine is discontinued, but here is the replacement that is basically the same:

[​IMG]

Then I also have a backpack that will hold ALL of my lenses and has a place to carry a tripod. That bad thing is that once I got it and loaded all of my stuff into it, I don't want to carry it for any length of time, because it's way too heavy. So, I still use my sling bag most of the time and then use the backpack just to store my stuff. That is this one:

[​IMG]

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That is cool! I might have to get one of those for purse swapping!

6. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

Thanks girls for the input!!!!

Jen: I can understand what you mean, it all depends on what you will be doing. It's just that right now I have several things to think about to put in a 'normal' bag.

Lori: this is cool! And in which bags do you put it then?

Karen: thanks for your personal info!!! :gigglep The thing is that a sling bag doesn't work for me. I always put it on in the wrong way. My husband can't stop laughing with me!! :giggle

7. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I have this insert that I put in my purse when I want to carry my camera around with me. It's big enough to fit my camera and an extra lens, which is all I typically carry around.
    [​IMG]

8. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I prefer a purse type bag...or I've been know to just throw my camera in my purse. LOL For professional shoots, i use the shoot sac Shoot and Carry...but it's too big for an everyday type purse

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I have the Epiphanie Clover Camera Purse... I absolutely LOVE it!! http://www.epiphaniebags.com/ (right now I think they are having 50% sale on some of their purses too... ) This clover bag is great for trips too as I can put my small laptop in it too... so it is an all in one :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i have this bag in tan/khaki http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Passp...5192&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=sling+bag+camera

i so love it -only thing is u can't put the dslr body in the intended pocket with the long zoom lens on it - shorter lenses are fine but then i guess depends how much gear u want to carry around while sightseeing - i usully take 2 lenses and sometimes an external flash and still fits purse, phone, water etc