PhotoEditing & DigiScrap Academy?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 14, 2020.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hello!!!!

Does anyone know anything about this? I have a copy of PSE18 that I've yet to learn to use. I saw that the PhotoEditing & DigiScrap Academy is having a $5.00 introductory special for the first month. Just curious to hear opinions/thoughts on what she has to offer.

The big problem is that I'm in the middle of doing many other projects which has kept me away from scrapping (sigh). If I signed up then I'd have to stop those to get full use of the month. My second big problem is that if I stop something mid-way through I never get back to finishing it, and my basement is filled with WIPs and UFOs! lol!

Thanks!

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't know about that academy, sorry! How much have you used PSE18? Is it feeling difficult to use? TLP is so helpful that I bet you could easily get answers to any questions you may have as they come up.

But having said that, $5 for one month isn't a bad deal even if you only visit the site on the
    weekends for an hour a day.

Wait, did I help? I just gave you a reason to stick with tlp for help and a reason to check out the academy for info. Oops! :giggle

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have no idea about them. What are you moving from into PSE18?

4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I haven't heard of that site. I learned PSE from scrappers guide which is now digital scrapper. The lessons used to come packaged with the PSE CDs purchased at Costco. Are there any sample video lessons that you could try before you buy? Maybe do a google search.

As far as PSE goes the interface is pretty much the same from PSE 11 to PSE 2020 now, just a few minor added features, so tutorials within that range should help you learn PSE 18. I currently use PSE 19 and I previously had PSE 14. Holler if you have questions.

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

$5 is not a bad price for most anything these days unless you commit to buying more...and how long are that first month's lessons/videos available? If you have to do it in the month, I'd pass even at that price since you know overcommitting is an issue. I also think Digital Scrapper is more worth it as they periodically have sales and the classes are good for life (of the site...of course). You can also download all the videos and pdf instructions for each lesson. I think the current price is $97 but I know I got it in a sale for $40. I am slowly working my way through the PS class, very slowly...

Lisa B likes this.
  6. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I have never heard of either. What do you use now to digiscrap? I know I was worried because I took many years off from scrapping and felt like I forgot everything especially with a new version of PSE compared to an ancient version of photoshop. But so far the help from here and a lot of how to videos on youtube, I've been good!

7. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Good luck. If that doesn’t pan out, JessicaSprague.com has classes. She taught me almost everything I know about scrapping.

Lisa B likes this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I learned PSE by using free tutorials, Google searches, and watching Cheryl scrap in her online scrap sessions. Lots of links in the Facebook group for PSE beginners (I think you are part of that).