Personal Use or Scrap for Others?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Angela Toucan, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've been asked to do another page similar to the one I did earlier using purple that can be printed out to give to my friend's family at the funeral from myself and our friendship group. From a TOU point of view does that count as Personal Use, or as S4O/S4H?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

If it is a gift from you to the family, then Personal Use. If they are paying you for your services, than S4H.

Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  3. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Interesting, I would think it would fall in the scrap for others category assuming you are not getting paid. I would like to see what our designers say.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I would think that scrap for others is if they give you their photos and you make multiple layouts or a book for them.
    I have made once off layouts and given them as gifts - flattened printed jpegs and thought that was personal use.
    Would be interested to see how our designers feel.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Huh. I'm interested in the answer to this too now. I would have assumed that if you're making something as a gift it would fall under personal use and would only be S4H if you were getting paid.

I have used my digi stash to make things for friends like baby shower favors (unpaid) and never even thought that I would have been breaking the rules...

cfile likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Angela, to be certain you comply with the TOU (which, btw, it's awsesome you are being so conscientious!), have you reached out to the specific designer(s)? Each designer has different interpretations of "scrap for others" and since you were asked to make this piece, it seems like S4O. Some designers are cool with that, and some have restrictions. I'm sure the individual designers can fill you in. :)