Personal photo challenge - P52|50mm

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jan 1, 2020.

1. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

I haven't been great about taking photos for myself the past couple of years but this year I want to make more of an effort. I am going to challenge myself to use my 50mm lens once a week for the whole year!

Anyone want to join me by challenging yourself to a P52?

G.J. likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm going to be participating in the Clickinmoms Project 365 but could probably share some of those photos here too. I'll keep watching to see what develops here.

I fell out of the photography habit so badly this year. My January goal for my project 365 is simply to remember to pick up my DSLR every day. I'm not even going to worry about editing or sharing most of the photos. I hope to at least make one per week I will want to share though.

And I'll be mostly shooting with a 50mm lens too. Other than my kit lens I only have 2 choices. I also have a 24mm. It's nice for including more of the scene, but I haven't learned to use it well, or something, because I haven't loved anything I've made with it since I got it a couple years ago. I've been shooting with the 50mm since 2011 though.

FarrahJobling likes this.
  3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Since I just got my new camera, I would love to commit to a photo a day, but I know that's just a recipe for failure. I can, however, commit to a photo a week!

G.J. and FarrahJobling like this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Me! Yes!! That's my goal for 2020, too! I really want to get my big camera out more this year. I hardly took any photos with it last year. A photo a week would be totally doable!!

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I just got a 50mm for Christmas that I want to master! So I'm totally in.
    I am working on a P366 - but that's more my everyday life and could be kit lens or 50mm or cell phone! I want to make sure I'm learning and using my new lens, so I love that idea for a challenge.

6. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

Oh I like the once a week idea. Love my nifty 50.

I just purchased a 40mm and can’t wait for the rain to stop and get out there for some macro shots.