Pennsylvania- HERE WE COME!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by GlazeFamily3, May 11, 2019.

1. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

Hello everyone! Life has been beyond hectic for the past few months, which is why I haven't been around.

But... in the next few weeks we are relocating from Georgia all the way to Pennsylvania.

It's not something that was even on our radar a few months ago, but my husband fell in love with a job opportunity that presented itself and so we'll be moving to the Hershey area in Pennsylvania.

I am both extremely excited and nervous all at once. I have never even stepped foot in PA and won't until the day we arrive to live there, so it will be an all-new experience. My husband will be house hunting when he arrives there to work in a week. My daughter and I will move up a few weeks after, as we have a few loose ends to tie up in Georgia before we go.

All of our family is in Georgia, so not being as close to them will definitely be a change. BUT, I am excited about all the new experiences in Pennsylvania. We'll be in close(ish) proximity to Philadelphia, Washington DC, Baltimore, plus a ton of hiking trails that have been on my list for a while. Also, NYC is a just a train ride away.

We're also excited to experience all the seasons. I love snow and being cold... and I really hope I still feel this way after our first winter up there!

bellbird, QuiltyMom, ashleywb and 4 others like this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Wow, that's a big move! I know how it feels to leave extended family behind, but the good news is you will be close to some decent-size airports and they should have cheap-ish flights for you. (I'm really lucky because Southwest out of both BWI and PHL has multiple nonstop flights to the small airport close to my parents in the Midwest. If they have routes that work for me, then I'm sure you'll be able to easily get back to GA!)

There are quite a few scrappers in PA, which means that although you may have never been to your new state, you already have friends and "neighbors" who could give you advice on your new place. :) Congrats to your husband on a new and exciting job opportunity, and good luck with the move!

bellbird likes this.
  3. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I’m in Pittsburgh, maybe 3 hours from Hershey. But we’re moving to Florida soon.

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

How exciting! We were transferred from Indiana (near Indianapolis) to the Detroit Metro Area when our kids pretty young. You're taking a leap of faith and so did I. My hubby found us a house - we built a brand new one and loved it. You'll have so much fun exploring a brand new state and like you said, you'll have the season changes. Best of luck and just embrace it, as I'm sure you will.

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

all the best to you in your new adventure

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Sounds like a wonderful change! Hope the move goes smoothly and you’re soon in a new home.

7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Our first full time pastorate was in PA! It is a beautiful state- especially the mountains. People are friendly too and your family will love a trip through the Hershey plant!

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

How exciting! Wishing you a safe and smooth move!

9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hershey =chocolate! lol...actually that brand is not one I buy but hey, the park is fun for lots of kids plus there are so many good Amish markets nearby. But my 2nd thought is ...we have another person for our MidAtlantic meetups! Yay!!

Lots of deep breaths and your move will go great and whatever hiccups occur ....just scrap em!!

Tree City likes this.
  10. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm in Lititz, PA! Maybe 30 minutes from Hershey! I've lived in PA all my life. I've always wanted to live close to the beach...maybe someday!

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Best wishes for you and your family in your new home! Wave when you pass me in Fredericksburg on your way up. That's in Virginia, 50 miles south of D.C. :bwave

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

So exciting!! Wishing you all the best with the move and getting settled in!

13. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh wow! Congratulations. Sounds exciting and crazy!

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Congrats to your Husband on his new job and Have fun on your new adventure of exploring PA :) I know you will have fun in your new state! GA is not that far away... you can always fly to Atlanta quickly :) Have fun and enjoy the adventure!

15. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Wow! Big move! I grew up in Hershey, PA. Live about 15 minutes away still . . . you'll love it! Let me know if I can help you navigate the area!

My daughter in law just moved from PA to Georgia, Peach Tree City . . . visited for the first time earlier this year! It's lovely.

16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@GlazeFamily3 What an exciting adventure! I love seeing how many scrappy peeps are in the area that you will be able to meet up with, and hope that will help your transition and being away from family!

17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I live in Warren and lived in Indianapolis. How weird is that?

18. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Good luck with your transition to a new place

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Wow! That sounds really exciting! Congrats to your hubby on the new job adventure too! :) Sounds like you'll have PLENTY to scrap about over the next year! :)

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Good luck! A cross-country move is scary but also exciting!