Pasta | Pad Patter 10.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 6, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's National Pasta Day!
    [​IMG]
    Where are my pasta lovers?? Seriously, it has to be my biggest weakness when it comes to food! I love it all! I'm trying to even think if I could pick a favorite pasta dish, and it's just impossible! Sometimes I just cook some pasta in chicken broth and then throw a little lemon pepper on it when I want a quick something for myself. Fettuccine Alfredo or Tortellini are always big hits around here. I have been craving this Shrimp Portafina (mushrooms, spinach, and shrimp in a lemon butter garlic sauce over fettuccine) that a local place serves. But spaghetti is on the menu here tonight.

Any other pasta lovers? What are your favorite dishes?

MrsPeel and umyesh like this.
  2. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Ohhhhh you are speaking my language! My fav probably has to be my grandmother's stove top macaroni and cheese. My ultimate comfort food (and my boys' as well!). It has garlic . . . I'll stop there.

Love Shrimp Portofini too . . . Macaroni Grille has it on their menu and my go to when we go there.

Other favs are fettucini alfredo, and let's twist it and use a pumpkin alfredo sauce. It's available locally here and it's what's for dinner TONIGHT at my house.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Not me. I stopped eating pasta about 3 yrs ago and don't miss it at all. I like zoodles or spaghetti squash with the sauces. So, it's the sauces I love, not the pasta.

4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We are billeting 2 canadian hockey players- so Pasta (they say it different- P-ah-sta instead of P-aw-sta) is on the menu almost nightly here! I made something similar to the recipe you mentioned- shrimp with lemon, garlic butter sauce & fettuccini & spinach. It was SO good! My picky eaters in the house (hubby & son) usually just take their pasta plain with butter & parmesan, while the rest of us love all the sauces! Today- their pregame meal is chicken Parmesan (I'll cook extra for us for dinner after they've left for their game!) :D

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

pasta bakes are favourites for using up leftovers in a one pot way in our house.

I eat very low carb for the first half of the day on my new diet plan. So I've taken to making "pasta noodles" out of courgette (zucchini), squashes and carrots, to serve with homemade protein rich pasta sauces. I make the sauces in batches and store some for following days and make my raw "pasta" fresh each time.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

LOVE a good pasta!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Ohhhh macaroni and cheese. I could never tire of it. And garlic...yummmm my mouth waters just smelling garlic! That pumpkin alfredo sauce sounds yummy! I found an alfredo sauce recipe a while back it's become such a favorite, it's all I ever do, but I'm super curious about the pumpkin alfredo.

I have wanted to try some different things just to see if I would like it as well, but I am not a fan of zucchini or squash, so that's been my hold up lol.

Gahhhh I'm so hungry now. Dinner may be early. I do really like plain pastas with butter and parmesan and also do that when I'm in a hurry. And yummmm chicken Parmesan!

8. IntenseMagic

Pasta is why I have such difficulty with low carb diets! I don't like zucchini or squash and haven't really been able to find any other great substitues.

:hi5

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We can get noodles made from beans in the oriental supermarket. They are very low carb. Can you get hold of anything like that where you live?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm dieting so no pasta for me - but man oh man do it love it too. I cannot pick a fave dish either - I love it all. Topping the list is probably penne vodka or mushroom ravioli in a pink sauce. I love the pink or creamy sauces so much!

Spaghetti squash is a decent substitute when I want a pasta type of dish but definitely not the same!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

It's not my favorite carb - that's dead heat between potatoes and rice - but I do love pasta. Good mac and cheese when the craving is too strong and I'm willing to pay for it, spaghetti or ravioli, even a bowl of plain eggs noodles or ramen (just salt is all I need). I'll also throw egg noodles in just about any dish, given half a chance.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

Hmmm I'm not sure, but it's worth checking in to! Thanks, Angela!

Gahhhh I'm getting hungrier by the second! I love the creamy sauces, too!

Potatoes rank way up there for me, too! Same with the egg noodles...I throw them in wherever I can!

Angela Toucan and blueberries like this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I love pasta but I'm trying to not eat it too often. For just myself I will sometimes cook a little angel hair and top it with freshly sauteed veggies done with garlic, olive oil, a splash of lemon juice, and Italian seasoning. Or I will do angel hair with sauteed chicken, green peppers, tomato sauce with garlic, onion, and Italian seasoning.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Let's seeeee... I love and make a mean pasta salad,lasagna(w/2 meats and 5 cheeses!). manicotti, Mostacciol, and hubster makes fettucine Alfredo fabuloso! OH, and of course- "Pasghetti" as our eldest dubbed it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I could take it or leave it. Hubby could eat it 3 times a day. His favorite is whatever I make and especially if it has my homemade sauce on it. Tonight he's getting Chicken Pesto Pasta, made in the Instant Pot, of course. But I'm substituting scallops for the chicken since that's what I have.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

Oooh I love angel hair and veggies...so yummy! I grew up on macaroni and tomatoes as well. These days I toss some noodles with rotel and sprinkle a little parmesan on top...another for those times I just need a quickie something for myself.

Omgosh...yes, pasta salad! I hadn't even thought of pasta salad and it's one of my favs!
    LOL it was "basketti" at my house :)

Yummmm pesto! That sounds divine!! I'm with hubby...I could eat it at every meal!

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My daughter's 4 Cheese Tortellini with Alfredo Sauce, fresh Gorgonzola and fresh tomatoes on top! We go into a Carb Coma when we have it.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

OMG YES! I love pasta in almost any shape or sauce from the simple parmesan and butter to the more complex like the above. However....groan...my Dr is always stressing the need to cut back on 'all the whites' which of course includes pasta. In my book the vegetable substitutes are vegetables. period. I like my veggies too but pasta they ain't. I'm doing a lot more walking these days so maybe soon I'll be able to have pasta weekly. Fortunately, I'm not much of a potato lover and my love of rice has diminished. btw, pizza goes right along with pasta with me. Maybe I'm just a wannabe Italian.:eyeroll

IntenseMagic and Cherylndesigns like this.
  19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Nah, I don't care for pasta anymore. I'll have a tiny bit sometimes, when I make it for my family, but I take more of the meat and veggies than the pasta.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Fettuccini alfredo is my favorite! Thanks for the pasta day reminder! I made alfredo sauce to go with spaghetti tonight and I even cooked some cherry tomatoes to go with it. Yum! Pasta is my love language.

IntenseMagic likes this.