Pad Poll - Cooking Edition

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cherryberry, Mar 9, 2011.

1. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

There's a new Pad Poll up on the blog. I'd love for you to play along. :flirty

2. sahlink

sahlink sahlink

Cool!!
    This will be interesting see what others do....

VOTED.

3. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I picked Persnickety. In general I try to plan most of the weeks meals out and go shopping for everything I need. It really depends on the week though. LOL

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I'm persnickety too. I love to plan meals & cook. :)

(Thread hijack - Tiki, did your son do well with his surgery?)

5. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Another Persnickety. I've been cooking a lot more this year. Though I don't cook from scratch every night because DH isn't home for half of them and it's just me and the kids.

6. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

His surgery went well Laura. I was so worried and hardly slept at all the night before but it was a piece of cake and he's already totally back to normal without any pain at all so I'd say it was a success. :)

It was funny, they gave him some liquid Valium before they took him in and it really broke the ice because he was HILARIOUS on this stuff. He was talking jibberish and laughing like crazy. He could hardly keep his eyes open. It made it easier on me to leave him because he was in La La land at that point and was not upset or worried at all. I asked them where my "pink liquid" was. LOL

7. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm glad he did well Tiki!!

I'm kind of a slap-dash cook. I have things here...I always buy enough stuff and have it on hand, and then depending on how I feel will depend on what I make. It also depends on if I'm working late, who is going to be home, etc...

I really don't like to cook, but I think I'm a decent cook. I change recipes, use what I have instead of what the recipe calls for, etc...I like spicy foods too, so I keep ingredients on hand to make Thai dishes. I do keep a lot of frozen type meals from Costco on hand for when I work late or I'm just too tired when I get home! I eat out a lot too though, which I know is awful, but I'm really lazy when it comes to cooking. One of my boys is picky, and he's back home living with us. He is seriously picky. My dh and other 3 boys eat pretty much anything.

8. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Slap-dash here. I try to plan, but always end up improvising.

9. dna13

dna13 New Member

I HATE cooking!!! So Slap-dash for me. :)

10. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I was surprised at the responses. I'm a Slap-Dash myself so I'm glad to see I'm in good company. :)

11. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

* Tiki so glad to hear this!!!! *

I'm somewhere between a planner and a throw-whatever-together kind of girl. I DO plan a menu each week, but I'm not great at sticking to it faithfully. often i will just make something up with what I have on hand if i don't feel like making what i've planned (which, i guess you could say, sorta defeats the purpose of planning to begin with... such is life with me :giggle)

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Another slap-dash-er here too. I'd love to say that i care enough to plan all the meal ahead of time, but that just doesn't happen. So i wing it most of the time.

13. coco

coco coco

the same here lool

14. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

OH I didn't know about your son Tiki. Glad he is doing well though.

I'm not sure where I fit. It just depends on what craziness is going on. LOL

15. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Okay, I totally do not see slap-dash as a bad thing! I slap-dash because I love to cook and go with whatever strikes me as good at that moment :)