Pad Patter: 7/19 - Classes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Do you ever take them? Online? At a college?

I swear I'll be taking classes for life. I love learning stuff. When I get a new hobby, I must know everything about it.

At this point, I think my bucket is full and I'm just losing old knowledge, but whatever. I'll never stop! :giggle

2. alb52

alb52 · · · – – – · · ·

I've done some online - I prefer it for many things; although, some topics do need a little more interaction than online can give... Never stop learning!!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've done several online and with one exception, I completed all "assignments" and stuck with it till the end. There's something about the fact that I paid my good money for a class that makes me stick with it. I've also done a couple courses at our local community college just for fun learning after I was done with college. I've been looking for a good photography class local to sign up for just to give me a push forward in that arena. :) It's way more fun to take a class as an elective than it was when I had 7 classes at a time in college! :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I love, love, love to learn. I have taken a few classes online, shadowing, using the dreaded Pen tool, and some others with Adobe also. I also took a drawing for those who think they can't at the college(community), and loved it!
    Once our boys are all adopted and in school, I am going back to college to finish my degree, and then do a digital design type classes. I want to learn how to be the guru of the web!

5. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I signed up for an online class with Ali Edwards - I was so excited to take the class. But then, I had total writer's block and didn't do any of the assignments. I feel like such a failed student! I saved all the stuff thinking maybe I'll go back and finish it someday - because the high school nerd in me hates not finishing things!

6. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

You know what I would love? Being paid to take classes. LOL. Seriously I would love to be a professional student. I love love love learning. And I always was that nerd that loved school. In any case, after university I've taken some online. And I've taken a few scrapbooking related ones as well. Yes, learn on, friends learn on.

7. Angie4b1g

Me, too, Sara! I wish I'd liked it when I was young and had time (and financial aid). I'd have gotten a PhD. Now I'm old and broke and have no real reason to get one. Lol

8. hslater

hslater Member

I studied in college and loved it and got accepted into university to study teacher training however I met my partner fell in loved and moved away from home! Ha and now Starting in October I will be doing that degree but from home this time!! So excited about it!

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I do love my scrapbook classes! I always seem to have one of those going. Several teachers motivate me every time, just an interesting viewpoint on things. I tend to really like the journaling/writing classes these days. There is a certain freedom in knowing I CAN do it (the class) but I don't HAVE to if it doesn't motivate me. Very unlike college where you had to do it (like cost accounting) even though it wasn't the most fun thing in the world. I'd never be able to go back to college now for any sort of credit. My memorize memory just isn't what it used to be. It would have to be something I really loved to go and take a college class. I admire those of you going back to school. Thank goodness, I got it all out of the way years ago.

10. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

I have. I'm in the middle of a second Bachelor's degree that is completely online. It's difficult because there isn't always as much interaction or help, so it's hard to get a good grasp on things sometimes, but so far, so good. Hopefully I can finish up in the next year or so.

11. Angie4b1g

I just signed up for swimming and a composition class. Fun :)

12. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

I have.
    I had some digiscrap classes on another digi-site. Love all of them.
    I tried to sign on a Shimelle's class..gave up really early. I was supposed to write something every day, but too lazy :) :)

I was really disappointed once, I signed for a paper-scrap class. The teacher was never available, we had a flickr group to post our pages and she didn't answer or gave any advise.. However, I finished my assignment :)

As for school, I never attend a online-class. I went to a traditional university.

Other..uhm.. Oh yes, I attended a PaintShopPro class. Love,love it. It was yeeeears ago. Then I switched to PS, and it was a drama ^__^

13. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

I have taken a few digiscrap classes online.

I took a few classes towards my Master's Degree online too.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take some photography classes at the junior college. I am hoping to start taking them next year when D is in preschool three days a week!!

14. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I took an online photo class once & felt like I learned a good deal. I'd love to do some local art classes or more photo classes but I never seem to have the money.

15. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I love to learn ... And therefore love all classes ... Have my first online class that is also my first digi scrap class, coming up in August and I'm super excited abt that !!

16. asouthernladysramblings

asouthernladysramblings New Member

I love taking classes, expecially art classes. I like the online format because I can do them at anytime. I guess this come from taking all of my college courses online.

17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Sure. Am debating using Skillshare and Coursera. Have taken a few scrapping classes in the past.

I love to learn, I love to write, and I'm a great test taker, so bring it on!

18. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

I really like ongoing challenges like Anne of Alamo's Art Journaling Challenge here at the Lilypad, because we learn things and make layouts but it isn't as intimidating as signing up for a class, and free! :D

I just can't afford $50-75 or more for an online class - I'd love to take one, though. Especially physical art journaling. I am at a little of a disadvantage for digital art journaling and digiscrapping classes that are too specific-technique oriented because I don't use PS or PSE and that is usually what the majority of classes teach in. I have followed along in a blog digi art journaling how-to series that is free. It is very informative.

I like taking artsy-crafty classes. My local art supply store, Collage, has a ton of classes each month where they make hand stitched journals (I'm a journal addict), Scrabble pendant necklaces, linoleum block printing, collage (of course!) and a lot of other cool stuff. Their prices are $5 to around $35 all materials included. I haven't taken one yet but I want to.
    I have taken a beading necklace making class that my friend bought for me. It was so much fun. That was a million years ago and I am still making necklaces. :)

The only class that I didn't really like was a scrapbooking class where you paid like $20 and the materials were provided (that part was fine, it was a really cute mini album and papers and ellies). But she had an example that we saw when we signed up for the class that was really cool. I had no idea we were making exactly that. That would have been fine, but everything was pre-cut. It was kinda like - now you put adhesive on this little square and place it here. Not my kind of scrapping at all. I still have the mini album. I never put anything in it. It's super cute -- but the dang thing keeps coming apart. I guess I don't follow directions well enough! LOL

I prefer- for online learning - chats and examples and handouts to videos. I'm kinda warming up to videos and they are really helpful, but for some reason I just resist watching them. Old dog - new tricks and all that, I guess.

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love to learn new things, and since I was really slow about getting a computer (got my first 3 years ago) I haven't stopped learning, mostly computer skills and photo shop, (photo shop classes being my reward to my self for sticking with things like excel and Access) we are lucky here in Malta that there are a lot of adult classes available in community schools ,for nearly any skill set ,at low prices.
    Have so far been to timid to try online classes , because while some of them look like a right con, and others look good, I can't really tell the difference on some, but am slowly getting "braver".
    Looking forward to winter, and new opportunities ....

20. Angie4b1g

The career center brochure came yesterday and they have a 6 week Bob Ross painting class. I would TOTALLY take that if it wasn't on a night I already coach. Boo!!