Pad Patter: 2/9 - Laundry

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

How far behind are you? Caught up? Buried in mountains of it?

I seem to be ok at staying on top of it, but it helps that I make my kids do their own once they turn 12, and I only have one left under the age of 12. :giggle

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

"I" am caught up because my husband started doing the laundry in about October when it because painfully clean that I couldn't keep up with the laundry until the weekends because of all the practices and games that the boys had between soccer and basketball. All sports are done until spring soccer and he's still doing the laundry, so I'm not going to say anything! :giggle

3. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

So behind right now. I am usually on top of it, but with all three kids having the stomach flu last week/this weekend I got behind. I felt pretty queasy most of the weekend, but now I am back and need to get this mountain of laundry under control!

4. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

clothes are done but I have towels and sheets to do. Granted there are only two of us. As for equipment, he is in playdowns for hockey and I can't wash the jerseys until this series is over, guess there is good luck stink in them. . .

5. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

Oh my - Thanks for the reminder - I better load the machine!

:giggle

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I can't see well this post due to the mountain of clothes I am climbing to get there.

7. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Beings there are only 2 of us at home now, I stay pretty caught up. I am guilty of leaving sox, unders and towels in the dryer if I don't get a chance to fold them right away.

8. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

There is a mountain of clean laundry currently on my loveseat, but the floor is visible in the laundry room - I am not at home to do anything about it until later today :) DS has taken to taking off his pants when he gets home in the afternoon - as soon as we see him, we make him put them back on but usually he picks another pair, so then he is out of pants for school before the end of the week - I have got to do better about managing that one!

9. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I do some every day at this house. If I didn't I'd be buried in it. The boys are 8 and 10 and Mom and Dad still have them put on clean PJs every night, for heavens sake. And cleaning day, you don't even want to get me started... Every other Tuesday the cleaning ladies come and the amount of extra laundry that gets tossed down in preparation for their arrival makes me wonder where it's been lurking for the past two weeks!

10. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm always on top of it for my own and my husbands. My boys usually wait till they have a basket full.

11. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I have to go to the laundromat so between that and not currently having a job.... well let's just say my cats are enjoying having kitty beds in many different places...

12. zippyoh

zippyoh Well-Known Member

Ugh. I'm way behind. It was a rough week with work and my dad having surgery. And then my husband cleans his clothes up in the bedroom by throwing it all in the laundry room to be washed.

13. Jen

Jen I believe in patterns & conspiracies!

I'm on vaca, and caught up on laundry at the same time. Go me!

14. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

We stay pretty caught up...but that's because all my kiddos do their own laundry (I taught them at an early age!!) So it's just a couple loads every weekend for me!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm always a bit behind. Even though there's only two of us here, we sure seem to have a ton of laundry. I am also guilty of leaving it piled on top of the dryer and not bringing it upstairs to put away.

16. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

We are always behind on laundry here. With four boys, one a baby, there is a steady stream of dirty laundry.

17. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

It's the ironing that killing me. I don't iron until the closet is empty and then I have to iron for HOURS. The thing is... I don't mind it when I actually get to it.

18. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

LOL. My kids would complain if something they liked faded or shrank or wasn't clean exactly when they wanted to wear it. So I went on strike and refused to do their laundry for about four months. They never complained again. I didn't keep it going though because I found out that teenage boys will just continue to wear the clothes dirty...

And ironing is just totally off the list. They can iron it themselves....

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  19. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I do all the laundry - well, the clothes anyway - on Mondays. I switch loads all day long and then after everyone is in bed I fold it all while watching Netflix. The piles get put away first thing on Tuesday morning. So I guess you could say I'm caught up Monday night, but I'm behind any other time ;) I do sheets and towels on another weekday.

20. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

This is similar to my system. I have do laundry one day a week unless there is an emergency.

And I make my boys help me with the folding and putting away. It makes me feel better to get it done start to finish in one day. Always having a load going drove me bonkers.