Pad Patter: 11/13: jeans

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AlliJ2008, Nov 13, 2011.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

So, I am in desperate need of new jeans that actually fit. What are some of your favorite brands for jeans?

2. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Recently (as in the last 18 months or so), Gap has gotten all of my business when it comes to jeans. I usually wait until a 40% coupon comes up, then shop. Despite the fact that I am barely 5 feet tall if I stretch, I like the Long and Lean or Curvy Boot fit in the short size.

3. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

I need to watch this thread too - I seem to have a hard body to fit jeans on. The waste always gapes open on me. I did like a pair of Buffalo jeans I tried on at Macy's the other day ... but they didn't have my size.

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Old Navy Diva are my current faves.

5. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

Well I buy mine from the fluffy girls store...but I wear Silver jeans.

They are super comfy and wash and wear well....The other thing I like is that they do make jeans in sizes for every women...so I can be fluffy and still stylish lol. My only complaint is that they aren't cheap...but I only buy them when Torrid is doing their Buy One get One Half Off or when they are doing the promotion where you get the cards to come back later...then I also get a Military Discount off my total order and I have one of their shopper cards that gives me another percentage off my total....So the last time I bought jeans I also had the coupon they sent me for my birthday so I got $400 in jeans and only paid like $150...maybe even a little less.

6. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

7. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

LOL at "fluffy".

I bought 3 pairs of jeans this year - all skinny jeans. 1 from Gap and 2 from American Eagle. I'm 50/50 on American Eagle because they're meant to fit teens and they're usually low rise....and that's not typically friendly to a mid-20s mom with a 2 baby sag belly. But I love the skinny jeans I got this year. And actually, if I can find pairs that aren't super low, American Eagle fits my body type best. I'm not ready to buy more expensive jeans yet because I'm still losing weight. In fact, the jeans I bought 6 weeks ago are already falling down without a belt.

8. mommy2boyz

mommy2boyz This closet isn't big enough for my boots

Anoname. They're a bit more expensive than what you'd pay at GAP or Old Navy, but they're worth the difference in price! I have two pair of their skinnies and a few of their bootcuts. I acutally bought 3 pairs of their Joelle Bootcut so I'd have a pair for a looong time to come! lol. The most comfortable, and flattering jeans I've ever had on my body!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I hate jeans shopping... especially in the last year I've put on some lbs... so my booty isn't fitting in any of the cute jeans that I used to love. I also have a skinny little waist, so I ALWAYS have the gap in the waist too. If I don't have to look at them, Lee jeans usually fit like a dream, but they are slow to get that fit in stylish looking jeans. I do have one pair right now that I love from them that are super cute and don't gap in the waist. I cannot wear Gap or Old Navy, they are the worst. :( I'll be watching this thread too. I don't mind spending a few extra bucks if I'll love wearing the jeans. Most of the time I come home and strip off my ill-fitting jeans and put on my sweats. I almost always have to wear a belt to keep jeans on me, but they always have too much fabric that pokes me funny (because of the gaping waist). Grr...

10. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I really love the NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) from Nordstrom. I actually get them at the Nordstrom rack by my house and they are $39 there. If you buy them at regular price they are obscenely expensive. They are so slimming and really well made. There is no gaping either.

11. arisu

arisu Resident Rocket Scientist

Okay I'm going to sound like such a teenager... but my favorite pair of jeans is from Wet Seal from like.. eight years ago? I also really like the jeans I have from Charlotte Russe.

12. Laura

Laura Member

I really like old navy's diva or sweetheart jeans and, I just bought a pair of Arizona 'favorite bootcut' and I looove them. I have a hard to fit body bc I'm short and have junk in my trunk lol

13. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I like Old Navy Jeans but every pair I buy always wear out and rip right at the corners of the butt pockets...am I the only one with that problem??

Maybe it's because of my fluffy butt :giggle

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Because I managed to "outgrow" my loose fit jeans I wanted to just get a cheap pair that was comfy to get me by until my diet kicks in... Kohls 30% off on top of sale and snagged some of the Levi's perfect waist jeans. These things are almost as comfy in the tummy as my sweats. :)

15. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I have that problem with all of ON's bottoms. My butt is moderately fluffy. But I don't wear their jeans often because I find that they sag in the butt after a couple of hours.

16. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

My favorite jeans are from Buckle. I have a BKE Drew fit that I like, and a Big Star Hazel fit. Those are my 2 favorites for kicking around in and great everyday jeans. I have a curvy figure and most jeans gape at the waist for me, but they'll fit you there and you'll walk out with some of the best fitting jeans ever. I've been wearing mine for over a year now and they still look great. Just listen to the gals in there on how they should fit. They are really good, and if they say they are too big for you, trust them. They'll stretch out just enough to be super comfy an hour or so after you put them on.

I have some KUT jeans (Annie fit) from Nordstrom that I love. I cuff them and wear them with flats all the time. I would love a pair in a darker wash.

I'll have to try the NYDJ again. They were always too long in the rise for me, but maybe they've improved them.

I'll spend money on a great fitting pair of jeans though...I don't like sweats, so I want to have really comfy and well fitting jeans to wear most days.

I'm still trying to find the perfect skinny jeans. (not that I'd look great in them, but I want some). I have some Rockstar ones from Old Navy and they fit great, but I wish they came a little longer. I should look online and see if they come in tall. I'm not tall (5'5") but I think these run really short and would be better on a petite gal. They look fine with flats though and I wear them with my uggs all the time too.

INC curvy fit jeans at Macy's work really great for me too, and they are the perfect length for me to wear a pair of heels with them. They are higher waisted so no muffin top with these. Also, Ann Taylor Loft curvy fit jeans are nice too...also higher waisted. I won't wear anything too high though (since I have a very short rise)...so high enough to cover, but not up in the rib cage!

17. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

That is probably why mine always rip there....from the constant pulling up...good to know it's not my fluffy butt lol

18. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

I'm a Miss Me Jeans girl! Love the fit and the *bling, bling* pockets which I need because I have such a flat, fat a%&! They're about $100 a pair but I do feel special in them.

Also tried the Lee Slender jeans and the fit is nice and does slender.

19. Micheline Martin

Micheline Martin New Member

I'm totally bookmarking this thread, my hiney won't fit in any cute jeans, and am in need of a new pair!

20. neenee

neenee No Woman No Cry

I love jeans talk. I am desperately working on my weight (lost 25 lbs this year) so I won't buy jeans right now that cost me more than $20 and I pay for it by not loving them but, I just hate to spend the money while I am losing. Stacy and Clinton (What Not To Wear) say "dress for the size you are, not the size you want to be" BUT....I just can't bring myself to buy a good pair of jeans for my current size.

I am going on a week long cruise to The Bahamas in February and whatever size I am then is the size I am buying for.

I think I will go and try out many of these that have been suggested. I am super hard to fit because I have a Honky Tonk Badonkadonk and a tiny waist so all of my jeans gap in the waist unless I get more "mom" style jeans and I hate those! It just wears me out and stresses me out big time to go shopping for jeans. If I EVER find a pair that fits my body - I am buying a range of sizes and several of each size so I will have them forever. LOL