Pad Patter: 1/20 - Do you smile for pictures?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I usually don't. I hate my smile. Even worse now that I'm old and wrinkled. :giggle

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do, unless it's my husband taking a picture of me doing something dumb, then I give him the "look". :)

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my dad put a whole lot of money into my teeth...when I got married he walked me down the aisle, gave my hand to Tony and said, "take care of her teeth"
    I smile in every photo !lol

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Sometimes the photographer (ahem, one of my daughters) asks for a silly face, and I can't refuse. I do smile but I admit to occasionally practicing smiles in a mirror because all the pics from my childhood, my smile is about 90% gums and I hate the way it looks! I do better now.

5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

Yes. If I'm caught not smiling, I look mad! Sometimes I'll smile with my mouth closed...it's not my favorite though. My smile is one of my best features so I need to use it more!

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

depends. not a fan of having my photo taken. but trying to be better at it. usually i'm in the NO category.

7. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

Depends. My face becomes super pumpkin-like when I smile. Sometimes try to smile with my mouth closed but that usually looks goofy.

8. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

I try so hard now, because my husband tells me I never smile in photos, but I find it so hard to have a natural smile unless someone can make me actually smile, so now I try to think of something that makes me laugh instead of thinking of "smiling." Does that make sense?

9. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I have to smile! I have resting angry face. Even my best attempts at smiling with my mouth closed just end up looking like a straight line. That's why all my selfies are an angled view. It's the best way to show my dimples & cheekbones. I don't like my crooked teeth, so I try not to show them. My mom hates that, she likes my crooked teeth. Weirdo.

10. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I do :) I have a 'particular' smile that I reserve for the camera! Lol :)

11. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I heard Kelly from Regis & Kelly say after a professional photo session that the photographer told her to say "Thursday" as it opens the mouth just enough to get a great look. Don't know if that works, or not.

For myself, I take a pretty poor photo and really have trouble getting a selfie I like. This was really a problem when I was a school teacher as I had to have an individual photo for the yearbook and be in the class photo. Since I taught Kindergarten, I was in all the first day of school photos with students and the graduation photos with the kiddoes. I would just smile as best I could and hope they turned out for their memory books & scrapbook pages. Ugh!

12. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Not usually, but trying. I'm in the category of not liking my photo taken too much. Trying to get over that.

13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

I try-- don't really like my smile (my teeth are REALLY yellow) and hate how my lazy eye shows up majorly in photographs!

14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I do, but try to do so with closed mouth as I HATE my teeth!!!!

15. buzinettescrap

buzinettescrap I'm just a geek with dizzy feet!

yes i try to smile each time!

16. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

That's what the teeth whitening brush in Lightroom is for. :giggle It's one of my most used tools.