Pad Patter: 1/19 - Go to convenience food?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Do you have one? Something you keep around the house to grab in a hurry? Somewhere you always stop for a quick bite?

Mine is definitely bars. Clif Bars, Quest bars, etc. I have one for breakfast 90% of the time, and I keep some in my school bag for long days of classes. I don't even love them, but they're easy.

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We always have a stash of GoPicnics around.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

cheese sticks are a go to here...toss them like pop tarts to kids

4. chai

chai Love to make a racket!

Lara Bars, carrot sticks, apples.

5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Avocottage (scoop out an avocado and dump cottage cheese on top). Sometimes with bacon, a.k.a. Bavocottage.

6. crecia27

crecia27 Must.travel.

Right now it's Kind bars - oh my they are so tasty and without the protein powder taste that some bars tend to have.

7. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Goldfish. I know they barely qualify as nutrition, but they are my snack of last resort.

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

we used to stash Melba Toast, the flavouired ones and I would eat them all day.... my doctor stopped me-

these days I only make sure I have a bottle of water with me when going out,
    but one thing we always have at home is ice cream...though we shouldn't....

:stash

9. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Apples, cliff bars, cheese sticks and my favorite is those flat pretzel chips with a wedge of garden veggie laughing cow cheese. So yummy to dip the pretzels in that stuff.

11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Cheese and crackers, always have several kinds of both in the house to help stave off the grouchies when I get home before I cook dinner.

12. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

this I could do daily.......tend to keep some sort of cheese stick/round on hand at work for the commute home.

13. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Sometimes I do it Italian-inspired with mascarpone and prosciutto instead of cottage cheese and bacon. (I know avocados aren't exactly Italian but it still tastes good so I roll with it.) ;) I may be a bit obsessed with avocados. They're also good with olives and feta.

Which reminds me, before trying to go LCHF, one of my go-to snacks was pita bread with thyme and olive oil. Learned this one in grad school when I had three Palestinian roommates. There was ALWAYS a bowl with thyme and sesame seeds, and a bowl with olive oil around. Warm up a pita on the gas stove real quick, dip in oil, dip in thyme... nom nom nom. That's good stuff! Kept doing it for years even after moving out.

14. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I usually have Perfect Food Bars here. They have to be refrigerated though so they're not the best for taking out with us on trips. Plantains and hummus are always here and grabbed for a quick snack, and things to make a protein shake when we need something but just don't have the time to make it!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i like dried fruit and nuts, lara bars and kind bars too. a yogurt is another one bc it is so quick and convenient.

16. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

For a second I was like "Bars? Booze?". Haha. Yeah, my brain jumps faster than I read.

My office is very near a 7/11. If the train gets me to work early, I grab 2 bananas & mini pretzels. Now I keep K cups in my office, so I don't buy coffee from there anymore. Well, unless there's peppermint mocha. I can't resist that.

17. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

Pickles, sandwich ham, mini cheeses

18. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

i try to keep some salads-in-a-jars ready so we can grab one quickly-- however most of the time we don't. I need to be better about that...

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

should.avoid.food.threads.

:stash:pigout

20. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Cynthia - you crack me up LOL!

I always have cheese sticks on hand. I don't really like the cheddar ones but I love the mozza ones.