P365 2011 - Are you in???

Discussion in 'Project 365' started by MandaKay, Jan 1, 2011.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Kate, my DH goes to London on business about every other month. I'm sure I could get him to take a PL in his suitcase and post it to you from there. I think that US Amazon is out of stock on them right now but let me know if you want to try to get one later!

The total I paid for mine (free shipping) was 52.99 USD.

2. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

I'm doing the project 365 this year, it's my first time. :)

3. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I bought Project Life as well so I'll be putting all my 365 pictures for the year in there! So far so good :)

4. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I think I am going to snap a few of these now, so when I do miss a day or two later I will have a stockpile of "everyday" pictures to slip in. That is probably cheating, but hey, if it helps keep me on track, I am ok with it!

5. Dana

Dana Dana

chiming in here so late - LOL - this year is not starting off as calmly as i'd like ;)

anyway - i am doing P365 this year - i have tried the past two years to do it digitally, and got bogged down, so this year i bought BH's project life (amber edition LOL) - and i think that it will work for me ... i was fighting the non-digi aspect of it, but i finally just gave in b/c it will be quicker for me, and therefore easier for me to do ...

count me in as someone who a) doesn't mind shooting a pic w/ my iphone if i need to, even if it won't be that great of quality and 2) takes some filler pics of stuff around the house to use when i don't have anything more interesting :) i like to try to get pics of favorite toys, favorite foods, weather forecasts, my desktop, piles of playdresses, etc ... that's our life, so that's what i want to document. i'm also going to try to take some "for the future" pics - like a pic of a gas station sign to show what gas prices are this year, maybe a pic of our favorite technology items all together, etc ... also a family pic each month ...

6. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

those are all such good ideas, Dana. I was just thinking the other day about how expensive gas is getting and trying to remember what it was a few years ago.

The Project Life thing is intriguing to me. Would love to see pictures of everyone's as they start filling them.

7. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

That's so kind of you Laura, thank you so much!! :wub It does look like it is out of stock, *I think* I am going to try it digitally. I may need someone to kick me back into gear if I start to lapse!

8. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I think you will like it more digitally. I got the very first Project Life that Becky H. did in 2009 when there was like this crazy mad dash and they didn't make enough to meet the demands of it LOL. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen. People were selling them for around $200 on ebay. It was so insane. Anyway, I stuck with it until about March and realized it was so hard to do. Since I had been doing digital for so long the project just didn't fit in my flow of working. I would have to order my pictures every few weeks but it got time consuming to go back and have to file it in the correct day and what not. Not to mention that the binder is HUGE. It was actually a little bigger than my 12x12 scrapbooks from my paper scrapping days or maybe I am just not used to that anymore since going to an 8x8 size in digital LOL. My kids wouldn't even drag it out so now it just sits in a drawer collecting dust.
    Last year I did it digitally with the kits from W&W and I can't wait to get my book printed. I was able to keep up the picture and journaling each day and and it just fit with how I work. I am doing it again this year with a template design I got from another scrapper. I try to keep it as simple as possible so that I know I will stick with it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i haven't started even framing mine out yet & it's already been 7 days. see, me & my overloaded, procrastinating self... i always get behind on stuff & then never seem to catch up.

DEFINITELY gonna need to keep on top of this! Kate, you & I can kick each other into gear, how's that!

10. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Again, girls...don't let the scrapbooking part of it drag you down! Just try to get your photo of the day and post it somewhere with a little journaling, so you can go back and do your book when you have time! Each of my photos gets copied into a special folder called 365 2011, and I rename each photo (1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and so on!) I hope to get some time to compile them into a book, but that will not stop me from taking the photo and capturing those memories!