Overflow of Messages!

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by shazzabess, Jan 19, 2016.

1. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

What do I need to untick to stop all these messages everytime someone does something? Haven't been in for a few days and find 1,400 messages sitting there...way to many to sort through in case there is something important I need to read!
    Also how do I delete the 1000's that are already in there...the majority are notices every time someone uploads to the Gallery.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

Hi!

Under the alert menu you'll see "alert preferences." If you click that you'll see a whole page of options to click or unclick.

3. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

I'm not sure which one to untick to stop getting a message every time some one uploads to the Gallery...also can't work out how to delete the 1000's that are already in there.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hey Sharon! @shazzabess

Click on user name in the upper right of the forum. When the fly-out menu comes up, click on Preferences (in the left column, about halfway down). I have unchecked the first four preferences.

If you navigate to the gallery that keeps giving you alerts, under ADD LAYOUT you'll see UNWATCH CATEGORY. That will stop any further alerts/messages.

lorryfach and AllisonPennington like this.
  5. shazzabess

shazzabess Active Member

Thanks Cheryl....I already had the first four preferences unchecked.
    I went into the Members Gallery and have now changed the unwatch link....hopefully this works! It was starting to do my head in finding all these alerts every time I got on the site.
    Now I need to work out how to get rid of all the alerts that are there.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think you might have to actually click on the layout (media) and at the upper right corner of the layout under the pink icons/buttons, you'll have to click to Unwatch Media. @shazzabess

7. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Alerts cannot be deleted, but the number goes away after you have viewed them. It will only say "1400" or whatever until you click on it.

@gonewiththewind It should not be adding individual LOs to Watched Layouts by itself. You have to add them yourself, and you do not have to unwatch individual LOs to stop getting alerts. Since many people are using this to store favorites, you may want to keep a LO there but not receive alerts about it. When you add it to Watched Layouts, you can select the option not to get alerts. If you've already added it and missed this step, go to "Watched Layouts", tick the box in the corner of each applicable LO, then go to the dropdown in the lower left called "With selected..." and choose "Disable alerts".

gonewiththewind likes this.