other than....

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Li Li Wee, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

I have been exploring other creative outlet other than digital scrapping.. One of it would be painting faces. I don't know how to draw faces , so I took an online class this year and it has become one of my favourite past time. I go looking for used pouches or pencil case and paint on it..
    [​IMG]
    I get my artwork printed on bags :
    [​IMG]
    I doodle (though I'm not a big fan of it)
    [​IMG]
    Handlettering (which I'm terrible at)
    [​IMG]

OH!! I am learning to sew too.. Unfortunately, I don't have a sewing machine :(

So what do you do as a hobby other than digital scrapping?

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

TFS your paintings they are amazing - i love that you're using bags and pencils cases, that's so fun and different
    i always thought u were a great draw-er?! painting is harder for me than drawing but i dont do much of each (eek!mess!) I tried to get the kids into Zentangle and we made a few post-it checkerboards to stick in the toy room but the kdis didnt really find it zen or just didnt have the patience! (and those colouring books dont seem to work on me either..)
    i bought a sewing machine a few years back.... it's gathering dust.... so good on you for actually learning before u buy - the bobbin thing drives me crazy!

Li Li Wee likes this.
  3. Li Li Wee

I never did anything creative like drawing, doodling, sketching or painting since I was like 10. I only started drawing last year. For kids zentangle is really boring.. lol!! I myself don't have the patience for it .

I went for a sewing class. But because I dont have a sewing machine I have forgotten how to do that bobbin thingy.. lol!!

4. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I tried a mixed media/scrapbooking class a few years ago where the teacher tried to teach us how to draw faces. Nope no talent or patience. And unfortunately the teacher had more ego than talent in either area. (she stopped talking to me when she realised I had been published, nothing too amazing, and then my stopped talking to my friend, a professional graphic designer, when she saw that my friend was a way more talented artist than she was - made for an interesting couple of weeks...)

My total addiction atm is crochet arigurumi (little cute characters). nice and quick and kids of all ages love them. I can sew but seem to have many unfinished projects...

Your doodles and paintings are stunning - just love them!

5. Li Li Wee

Oh!! What kind of teacher is that? :( A teacher plays such an important role. WHAT DID YOU PUBLISH?!!!

Crochet is on my to learn list!! When I find the time!! lol!!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I collect hobbies. I think I really enjoy learning new things. Anytime I see something i like, my first reaction is "I wonder if I could make that myself" Lately I've been art journaling.... no digitally, painting flowers and crocheting:

Attached Files:

7. Li Li Wee

OMG!! I LOVE THE ONE WITH YOU HOLDING THE CANVAS!! is that for sale? I love your flowers too... I wish I had more time to art journal.. You create amazing artwork Karen!!

Karen likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Wonderful work, ladies!

I love those pouches, LiLi! You should sell them... but I'm not sure if you would want to part with them!

Karen... What a great canvas, I want to make one!

I occasionally like to paint on canvas. :) I wish I could spend time to learn other things and take classes. I want to try it all!

Karen and Li Li Wee like this.
  9. Li Li Wee

Finally someone understands me!! I hardly part with any thing that I draw or paint. It's so tough selling it away. Maybe because most of my artwork are like my first piece of something new that I have learned.

I do think it's good to do something different once in awhile. Do share if you paint something soon.

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

2book.JPG 3book.JPG bag.JPG closet.JPG room.jpg quilt.jpg 1book.JPG

LiLi I adore your craft! So wish I could do something like that! Your an Artist!!

Karen your items are amazing too! WoW to be able to paint like that!

for me I love to get my fingers dirty too! I make cards and also scrapbook off the computer. I like to make books out of recycle stuff.... right now I've been playing with an old photo cover/pocket (I think that is what they would be called) and turning it into an mini book.

I do simple sewing. Like this quilt that I made for my craft room. I've made simple bags one for myself that I had created a page digitally and then printed that onto fabric. Turned that into a bag. & baby bags.

11. Li Li Wee

oh wow!! I NEVER KNEW YOU DID ALL THIS!!!OMG!! I WANT THAT BAG!!!! You are so talented!! I want that quilt too!! LOL!! AND THAT SCRAPBOOK THING WITH STAMP!!!! HEY!! YOU ARE AN ARTIST TOO!!! I am so loving your creativity!! I can't stop staring at your stuff!! Seriously, I'm like jumping out from my bed now..

12. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

You gals are seriously (!!!) talented and creative!! I'm very impressed!! I dabbled in making cards and planners and such, but hate the mess, so I stick w/ digital creations!
    I have done some work on canvases and find it relaxing - but I don't think I'm very good at it! :-)

Li Li Wee likes this.
  13. Li Li Wee

I too never knew that they are so talented!!!

I am not that good at it either.. I do it as it's healing for me.. I am the opposite, I love love love getting my hands dirty and all messed up. Do you paint on canvases?

14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It's fun to see what other creative outlets you all have! I cannot paint or draw (ummm....stick figures maybe) and am always in awe of those that can. I've not been a master at any but over the years I have crocheted, knitted, decoupaged dog tins (sold at craft fairs), paper scrapped, created greeting cards/mini albums, rug hooking, quilting, simple sewing, made wreaths and a bit of woodworking. But....I have not done any of these in many years b/c I spend so much time on photography and digi-scrapping which is just fine with me. They are my first two loves.

Li Li Wee likes this.
  15. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

Wow...LiLi...you are incredibly talented!!! I LOVE your faces...they are truly amazing! I would totally buy one of those make up bags!!

My other major hobby/creative outlet is blogging. I love creating graphics and printables as well as doing some web design along with the writing and photography that goes into blogging.

I've also tried hand lettering. I would really love to get more confident in that, but I think, like most hobbies and creative pursuits, it just takes lots and lots of practice.

I also have fun doing crafts with my silhouette from time to time. :)

jenevang likes this.
  16. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This year I worked on photography. Next year I'd like to try hand lettering. I'm a lot more left brained than probably expected. So, my other hobbies include organizing, and making spreadsheets and researching rabbit holes of learning that I find.

17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

You are so amazingly talented, LiLi....all of you in this thread!! I so want to do other things and have dabbled in crafty things here and there, but unfortunately time is not currently on my side. I want to be uber crafty in retirement!!

18. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My two main hobbies -- photography and scrapbooking -- seem to be all I can manage. I'd like to cross-stitch too. I have an unfinished cross-stitch project that might be ⅓ done yet I started it in 2011. That is not a typo.

Karen and enjoyyourpix like this.
  19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I get what you are saying, but with places like RedBubble, you can keep your art work, oinly upload a [hoto or scan the actual piece and they will print it in phone covers, bags, clothes and stickers and what have you.....so you don't need to part with your own original art work....but still keep making money of it!!!!!

You are one amazing talent.... I am sure, 100% that you could live of your art work!!!!!!

I don't do much these days as my arks and hands have suffered a lot, but still keep my hand written diary where I doodle, do some hybrid stuff and collages, bur lately my health has been so bad, haven't been able even to cook a meal on my own.... I did manage to make some drawings Sarita asked me...but then my right hand suffers and I can't scrap much, so I keep it all to short period of time so I can do a bit of all!!!
    We have a carer/help now...so I hope things will improve.
    I would love to grow in my photography skills, and be able to fo nice lettering but my hands here also are a problem :(
    Don'tr think I have been doing much apart from scrapping these past few years!!!

20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Wowzers! I LOVE your bags! SO talented! Besides scrapping I like to bake Cupcakes & make ~real~ Paper Cards. Last year I made ALL my christmas cards. Never again! ;)

jenevang, Karen and Li Li Wee like this.