Oscars tonite, anyone see any of the best picture nominations?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 9, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'd only seen Marriage Story (Netflix or Prime) and Little Women in the theater. Last night I watched Two Popes.

Found Little Women to be excellent and ditto for Two Popes. If the latter is not totally true I'm going to believe it anyhow! Marriage Story was good but geeze...too accurate to so many divorces. I thought about several others but all of them seemed to be downers in many ways, so my money is going to buy Season 8 of Homeland!

I do think I'll go to 1917 in the theater next tuesday when they have special prices. That seems to be the kind of film that deserves a full screen.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I don't go to the movies much so I'm always late to the Oscar party too.

I saw the Joker in the theater - I love dark movies (not horror) and I am just intrigued by how out there Joaquin Phoenix is. I've been a fan of his work for a long time - watching his speech though, I'm not sure how much acting he had to do for the part. (kidding, eh ...kinda) I liked it and thought he was excellent in it.

We saw Once Upon a Time too - love Tarantino films. Pitt and DeCaprio bounced off each other so well.

Next on my list is Parasite, JoJo Rabbitt and 1917. I'm interested in Marriage Story and Judy too.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

We saw Parasite last night. OMG - totally see why that film won so many awards. Definitely a current fave and a must see!

I forgot to mention earlier - I did see The Irishman too - but was not impressed. I've watched so many mobster movies over the years (with much of the same cast) that I was bored to pieces - it lost my interest and it was a struggle to see it to the end.

weaselwatchr likes this.