Ordering ON line woes?|pad patter 12/16/2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 16, 2020.

1. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My cousin told me last week that she ordered a new laptop computer and accessories from Apple. It is coming in 3 shipments and the first 2 were sent to her old address. She moved 2.5 years ago. Thankfully the new owners have her information since she owns the farm land all around them so they called her and then the husband dropped them off. The computer itself hadn't come yet so they were going to watch for it and call her immediately when it came. There have been lots of burglaries of packages off porches in the country around here and her old house is in the country. I'm guessing she never changed her address on the Apple website, she has forgotten other address changes as well.

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think that's what frustrates me the most. I checked my address before I ordered, and I had never ordered with them before (to the old address). I seriously have no idea where they got the old address. It's super frustrating.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  3. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I did most of my online shopping for the holidays during the Black Friday sales, and I was impressed with how quickly everything shipped and reached us. Everyplace from Amazon to small specialty websites shipped within days--some the same day--and reached us within a couple days of when they'd estimated. But since then my siblings and I wanted to order photo blankets to be delivered to my parents for their 50th anniversary (late this month). I was paying attention to what Shutterfly put out saying that you had to ship by X date for Christmas delivery. So I made and ordered the blankets in what should have been plenty of time, but when I went to check out the delivery estimates were mid-January! Even paying $35 for their fastest delivery method was only going to get them there 3 days earlier than the free shipping. I ordered anyway, but I wouldn't be surprised if there end up being issues. I love Shutterfly's products, but I always have the worst luck with their shipping. I've had products lost, products that showed as delivered to me weeks before they arrived, and damaged items. Technically delivery issues aren't their fault, but when it happens over and over with their shipments and no one else's it makes me wonder what's going on. Thankfully they've always made it right when things went wrong, so I keep coming back.

That sounds infuriating!

bestcee likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I was worried about shipping being a problem this year, so I ordered most of my stuff at the end of November. A lot of my Amazon packages allowed me to choose the no-rush shipping and earn free money towards new Kindle books for myself, so I did that on everything and earned a bunch of $$$. Yahoo! There was one gift though that after I ordered it, they switched the delivery date to December 27. Um... that's not gonna make it on time, but then they updated it a few weeks later and I received that one yesterday. All gifts have now arrived and are already wrapped and waiting for Christmas morning. Yay!

rach3975 likes this.
  5. bestcee

Update: They are giving me a refund. Sigh. I'm glad it's finally been resolved! It's weird, because it seems like I've been dealing with it forever, but really the original order was November 30.

It must be because of the other things from November that I'm still waiting on.

rach3975 likes this.
  6. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh goodness... the deception! Mine was my own fault!

7. HavaDrPepper

I signed up for the daily USPS delivery digest a couple months ago. In today's digest, there was a great big notice about delivery impacts.

"USPS is experiencing unprecedented volume increases and limited employee availability due to the impacts of COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and remain committed to delivering the holidays to you."

PS The digest is wonderful! I know what mail is coming and don't get one on days when there is none. Saves me walking through the snow to an empty mailbox :) It also shows packages delivered by USPS. I keep it in my inbox until all items on the digest are received.

bestcee and rach3975 like this.
  8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

So far so good around here. I am done shopping and have received everything. Have any of you ordered something and then forgot who it was for? I have a gift sitting in my closet, I remember ordering it, but I can't figure out who I bought it for. LOL!

I do have 3 packages to mail out. One of my daughters is painting some pics for family members and I need to ship them along with some other things we got for them. She's almost done with them and I'm hoping to mail them by this weekend...not sure they will get there on time!

9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Black Friday week and the week after that my husband and I placed around 10 orders. All but two have arrived.

I just placed an order today for a game and they estimate delivery January 14. It's a gift, but we're not sticklers for dates here (furthermore, my child, the recipient, picked it out!) so it's ok.

Also, I have been working USPS delivering packages since October and I have nothing but sympathy for delivery people. I climb in and out of a van and walk across properties carrying packages, sometimes as many as 5 to a single address, 150 or 200 times a day. Shifts are rarely less than 10 hours.

rach3975 and HeatherB like this.
  10. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My dad's gift shipped December 9 and is out floating around somewhere. My daughter's ornament shipped December 8 and has finally popped back up on tracking today. We had a Secret Santa at work, and I am hoping that gift shows up before Tuesday mid-day when we have our Zoom lunch & package opening.

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I have one thing that says it was sup'd to be here today ... but it looks like it hasn't even been picked up by fed ex yet.

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Wow! Thanks for delivering all of these goodies!

After organizing my orders/gifts I realized I was missing one item. It got lost somewhere! And then I thought I ordered 2 of something and only ordered 1. So, now I gotta figure out what to do for those items.

michelepixels likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Only issue we have had is taking a LONG time and a couple time its sits in one location for at least 4+ days.
    Our family too has been shipping gifts to each other as we are not all getting together either. We ship by putting the persons name and Santa Or secret Santa so the person knows to just wrap the whole shipping box.

14. HavaDrPepper

And, they are still sitting in Buffalo, NY with this Status:

Accepted December 17, 2020 at 12:53 am
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    BUFFALO, NY 14240

Probably sitting in some pile like some of the photos I've been seeing on the internet.

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Amazon is usually pretty reliable and predictable here. We have multiple Amazon distribution stations nearby and they have lots of their own delivery trucks in this area. So if it is an item shipping from Amazon, we can get it within days. I even got a music stand for DS overnight from Amazon.

I do have some books coming via Media Mail. I suspect they might not make it until mid-January. My 2-day priority boxes to my sister (from NC to Michigan) took 6 days. Good thing I paid for "priority" or it may have taken 2 weeks.

16. BevG

Did you use Paypal to pay? I had trouble with Paypal over-riding the address I put in on websites. Paypal had a version of my address that had "N/A" as the second address line. Once a priority package when back and forth between post offices because the scanner could not figure out what street was N/A. After much frustration and a chat with Paypal, I got that wrong address out of there. So check your Paypal saved addresses.

rach3975 likes this.
  17. bestcee

As far as I can find, I only have one address in Paypal. But that's what the store thought. So, now I'm trying to figure out if Paypal has a secret section of address that I can't see.

18. BevG

I too could only see my correct address in Paypal, but they told me that the next time I ordered something to check the address on the Paypal order review screen. Sure enough, that bad address was there. I clicked the Edit next to it, fixed it, and said Save as Default when asked. That got it out of there for me.

bestcee likes this.
  19. bestcee

Thank you, and :banghead:banghead:badmood:furious:furious:gun:throwpc

So, I went to a site that actually shows me that window (some don't!). And lo and behold - so many old and wrong addresses!!!! Oh my gosh! So frustrating. I deleted them. One was from freakin' 13 years ago! And you are right - it doesn't show up on my Paypal account anywhere. Just in that window. What a stupid design - especially since not every site shows that window when you order. I feel better now, and hopefully, it sticks and doesn't pull a bad address. Or, I'll just stop being lazy and get up and grab my card rather than use Paypal. Argh.

BevG likes this.
  20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

The blankets I ordered at Shutterfly last week that they said wouldn't arrive until mid-January shipped yesterday with UPS, and they're showing a tracking estimate of 12/23. I just checked again, and it looks like now they're in the county where my parents live. I think they really may arrive on the 23rd. Hurray!

bestcee likes this.