Ordering ON line woes?|pad patter 12/16/2020

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Dec 16, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am a planner. I do Christmas shopping in July, and then pick up little things here and there before the big day.

I have ONE package that is in Denver, Colorado. It has been there since 2 December!

argh?

anyone else online shopping and what kind of things are happening with your deliveries!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Oh no. Really hope it gets to you in time. I've been shopping on amazon and so far no problems. Only have a few more things coming so I think it is all good. I only shopped at one store and the rest online this year. So weird from my usual mall shopping trips at Xmas time.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh my goodness... I am having a time today with ordering/shipping... and it's all MY fault!

I've ordered and sent/sending neices and nephews gifts... and just realized today that some are not going to her address... but mine! She is in Virginia! I've then cancelled one that I could, then re-rdered a few items and have them going to VA. Then when I get the items, I'll return them. UGGGHHHHHH! What a fiasco! I'm hoping they delivery on the dates that it shows. Eeeeek!

4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Here in Greece we have a huge problem with courier services. The biggest company won't even knock your doorbell; they leave a note and run! They probably don't even have the parcel with them, although we pay for home delivery.
    We are in complete lockdown since early November, and now the government decided to open the stores for "click away" orders: you place an order at the eshop or by phone and you go to the store to pick it up by yourself. Sounds a lot better!

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I hope you get your package, Anne! This year has sure been different - I've been an online shopper for years and this year has been unique and frustrating at times. It depends on what you're trying to buy - I've had trouble this year getting sizes or the exact colors I want. I try to shop early as well, but my kids don't always cooperate with my strategy. I've had some last minute "must haves" given to me in the last couple of weeks and some of them have been very frustrating to try to buy.

Of course, they were "hot items". However, this year has had it's unique and I hope temporary problems and frustrations. We've even had two lost deliveries for the first time that we can remember. Amazon made it right though and re-sent them. One of them ended up way out on the west coast.

6. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I ordered piano books to surprise my oldest and they say they've shipped but I have no idea where they are! Fingers crossed they come before Christmas!

7. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Honestly, I've had trouble getting into the spirit this year even though I am firm in the decision to stay safe at home, but I am sad to be missing my grandson's first Christmas. And yes, he's too young to even know what is happening. We will video chat and look forward to better times next year.

I did finally figure out how to order some things from one company to have shipped to my daughter -- but it wasn't straight forward to do it as a gift. And I order a subscription box for my daughter from Amazon, while I had no trouble with setting that up for her address, there didn't seem to be a way to send a gift notification. Oh well, I'll have to tackle that part on my own. I'm hoping that the first box gets there on time, but it hasn't actually shipped yet. But she won't have anything to "unwrap", but she will have some "unboxing". It will have to do.

I ordered a pair of pajama pants for my husband during the Thanksgiving sales week, they arrived yesterday -- so some things are pretty slow.

I ordered an apple keyboard from Amazon and got same day delivery!

bestcee likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

One of my FB friends posted about a delivery issue the other day. You should have seen the comments... full of other delivery problems.

As for me, everything I bought on Black Friday has shipped and been received. I did place an order on Amazon for jigsaw puzzles last week. I have received one, another has shipped and is expected by Friday. The other 1 hasn't shipped yet because it is not in stock but expected soon. I also ordered puzzles directly from the puzzle company. Website said items would be shipped within 3 working days. I haven't received any notice yet so who knows. When I get them is no problem for me.

However, my issue has been that the food I feed Peyton has been out of stock everywhere since early November! I have an alert set up on Amazon for when it is back in stock but no such luck yet. I had it on a 3 month auto ship schedule and it wouldn't have been in stock on the day it was supposed to ship... but I would have run out before that day anyways. I had to get something else and I'm not liking how she is tolerating this food. What irritates me is it is the food for small breed dogs (9 to 20 pounds) and the company has multiple other foods, some specialized to specific breeds and none of them are out of stock. So why the heck aren't they making the small breed food!?!?!?!??!?!

EDIT: My puzzles have shipped :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Where do I start.....my issues are almost never with the seller first off, they are always with the courier. The last one took 7 days, 1 hour and 23 mins from the time it was picked up to the time I received it for overnight delivery. Took so long because the driver couldn’t be bothered walking another 100 steps to see if I was home (I was and so were other people).

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My annoyance is when I filled in the correct shipping and billing address, and the company pulled an old address. Bonus: They claim I must have used it even though it was deleted in their system, and they wouldn't have been able to charge to the wrong address since the card was a new number and the new address. Ugh.

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Shipping has been all over the place this year. We had two different cards compromised in November. Still waiting on the replacement for one. Still waiting on our new license plates, shipped Dec. 1. Still waiting on some mailed gifts. Getting annoyed with Amazon - so far, in just this week, they have shipped and returned an item the same day, told us another item was lost, told us an item was unable to be delivered that wasn't mailed yet, and delayed an item until after Christmas. The biggest annoyance? ALL of these are small companies that ONLY sell on Amazon. There's no way to get them from the manufacturer. So, I don't know what's happening, if it's the sellers, Amazon, or the shipping companies.

I'm grateful Target will let me just pick up from them. I wish more of the items I wanted were available locally.
    In good news - My husband ordered a fancy beef jerky and it showed up two days later despite paying for regular shipping! Apparently, Georgia to Indiana is working better than Kentucky to Indiana?

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Most of the things I got from Amazon have come so far, but I've ordered some clothing from Pac Sun for DD and one shirt came FedEx or something and the rest was shipped with the US Post Office and it took 2 weeks to get here. Finally arrived yesterday. We also ordered some custom converse shoes for DD and it said it shipped from California, went to Salt Lake, passed us and went to Kentucky and then back to Salt Lake and then to us just north of Salt Lake. Go figure! Maybe it's a Kentucky thing @bestcee :giggle

My biggest complaint has been appliances and furniture. It took 3 months to get my new kitchen appliances and my new furniture keeps getting pushed back as well. I ordered a table and sectional from RC Willey first part of October and they were supposed to be here around Thanksgiving. Now they're saying maybe Jan 15 for the sectional and the table Feb or March. We have the new 65 inch TV but no seating to sit on to watch it. I'm so done with all the covid casualties, as I call them. I know they're not life threatening problems but they still stink. I was so done with it all that I went to a furniture store at Gardner Village and found a different table that I like even better, it cost less and it was in stock so I had it delivered and canceled the table from RC Willey. I'm tempted to do the same with the sectional.

All the shipping delays have delayed my remodel too. Building supplies are hard to get and I'm missing doors and drawer fronts for some of my cabinets. Some installations were pushed back because different trade workers got covid so they are operating with skeleton crews.

13. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

It wasn't gift shopping, but I did have to send my Apple watch in to get reset (my son updated it with his phone which is way newer than mine and mine couldn't handle the connection between the watch and the phone anymore). We sent it in, gave them the correct address including postal code, and they sent it back with the address correct, but the wrong postal code, so it ended up in Lethbridge (small town in Alberta 5 hrs away!). It was frustrating.

As for gift shopping, this is our first year with Amazon Prime and we love it! DH has been ordering up a storm of small gifts for the boys for Christmas. My oldest son ordered a couple things for his girlfriend, but they ended up lost or not delivered, and Amazon was really helpful about getting the shipments sent again. I was very impressed! Shopping at the click of a button and delivery within 2 or 3 days. My kind of shopping!!

14. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I really don’t shop on-line much anymore but two of the three orders from Amazon got lost and had to be reordered! They seem to be moving along the transportation chain and then disappear. Poof! :driving:peekin

15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Yes. The postal service has been so swamped that packages have been sitting in storage until they can move them. It's all due to covid restrictions and the amount of online shopping people have been doing.

This about says it:

[​IMG]

I actually heard an advertisement for Marshalls, etc., about all this. They had a novel idea: why wait for your package to arrive when you can just go into the store and pick your items straight from the shelves yourself? I laughed out loud on that one!

Memaw2Wm likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

Oh, I am so sorry about this! What a pain. We were lucky that 95% of our renos had been completed before covid hit. So many appliances and such come from China, and they're behind as well. Hopefully we'll all be past this soon!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. QuiltyMom

Oh, I did the same thing! My great-niece's present ended up here yesterday, so I had to re-pack it and get to the post office. No fun! Just know that you're not alone (I'm not sure if that's encouragement or not! lol!)

jk703 likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Last year was a nightmare for me...lost packages, slow shipping, etc. And I really thought this year would be worse, but I have gotten everything super quick and with relative ease. The last of my things should be here tomorrow, with the exception of one package which is the only one that has me kind of concerned because I don't think it's even shipped yet. But overall, I've been really happy with every online purchase this year.

19. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I am feeling really blessed right now because all but one of my packages have arrived and I'm feeling good about that last one.

My biggest hiccup came when I tried to order a gift card from an on-line only store and they are out of stock of $50 gift cards! What??!!

20. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

what?? that takes the cake!

I have to say, I love you people!!