Orange | Pad Patter 4.27.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Apr 27, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy King's Day! If you're like me and didn't know about King's Day until now, here's a little blurb from the internet: "King's Day is the Dutch national holiday celebrating the King's birthday on 27 April."

If you look up pictures of King's Day you might see a whole lot of orange. "The orange color that's present throughout much of Dutch culture is a nod to the royal family, which is made up of members of the House of Orange. The dynasty dates back to 1544 when William of Orange inherited the estate and title at the age of 11." (Thank you again to the internet for filling me in).

Now that you've had your history lesson for the day, let’s talk about the color orange.

When you think of orange what do you think of?

What is your favorite shade of orange?

berniek and G.J. like this.
  2. umyesh

When you think of orange what do you think of?
    oranges, the Denver Broncos American football team, orange juice, camping during hunting season

What is your favorite shade of orange?
    I have loved rust orange since high school. I always wanted a rust orange Jeep Wrangler to drive.

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Orange makes me think of sunsets. Those gorgeous moments of purple and orange as the sun goes down. And campfires. I don't know if I have a favorite shade. But I do like Honey (#EC9706) and Apricot (#ED820E) and Tiger (#FC6A03).

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When you think of orange what do you think of? My mom.

What is your favorite shade of orange? Probably burnt orange. Think 1970's color palette of harvest gold, avocado, beige and brown. AKA the colors of fall. Add some burgundy and I'm in love!

umyesh likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I like orange. I like both bright/happy and calm/soothing vibes from different oranges. I love sunsets, so whatever color oranges those are, haha!

G.J. and umyesh like this.
  6. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I've never actually thought of having a favourite shade of Orange - the only time I really like it is in sunsets, so let's go with that lol

umyesh and jk703 like this.
  7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I think of my kids' high school, their colors are orange and black. We have uniforms and team gear in orange, orange ties to go with their concert black dress shirts, my son has an orange and black rug in his room. Go tigers!

umyesh and jk703 like this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

When you think of orange what do you think of? either my lively, extroverted oldest child, or my favorite fruit

What is your favorite shade of orange? the shade of one of the walls in my oldest kid's bedroom, which is the same as a Clementine or mandarin

umyesh likes this.
  9. umyesh

Ooh yes I love the oranges in sunsets!

bestcee likes this.
  10. umyesh

My mom thinks of me when she thinks of orange because I loved it growing up so she still gives everything orange to me.

11. umyesh

I forget about calm/soothing oranges; I usually just think of the bright/happy ones!

12. umyesh

Lots of sunset lovers today! :)

13. umyesh

I was so jealous of the high school with the colors orange and blue when I was growing up. My high school was red and black so we owned everything red.

14. umyesh

My oldest has orange walls too! Orange and blue because it was a Denver Broncos room before we moved here and I’m way too lazy to paint.

michelepixels likes this.
  15. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

When you think of orange what do you think of? Oranges, orange juice, popsicles, and Florida.

What is your favorite shade of orange? Rust orange and related fall shades.

umyesh likes this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Mom's favorite color was orange so our house was decorated with lots of orange although Dad said absolutely not to any orange walls. He gave in on the orange carpet though (got rid of that 20 years ago). After all this was the 1970's when that was the predominant color palette for decorating. The brown couch got recovered (along with a chair) to a floral pattern in those 1970 colors. I still have it!
    [​IMG]

umyesh and mary kate like this.
  17. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Orange is my favorite color ... I love all shades
    I think of orange juice or my grandparents 70s couch at their cabin on the lake

umyesh likes this.
  18. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Growing up as a kid in the 1970s, we had orange shag carpeting in our family room. Oh, and "harvest gold" appliances in the kitchen, of course.

umyesh likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love orange!! Not to wear at all, but to look at :)
    It's one of my very favorites! It makes me think of sunrises/sunsets, and some of my favorite flowers. I love a beautiful bright orange!

umyesh likes this.
  20. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I am an orange color fan! I must admit, I primarily associate orange with Halloween and pumpkins (and I LOVE pumpkins).

My fav. orange is burnt orange. But I am a fan of brights too. Orange is not as passionate and fiery as red, and it's not so chipper as yellow. So, it's a nice in-between. It's happy and powerful, but not overbearing.

umyesh likes this.