One Thing This Week Jan 11-17

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by bestcee, Jan 11, 2021.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

One of the things I'm working on is to change one thing a week health-wise.
    Last week, my focus was to trade a high-calorie snack for a low-calorie one. This looked like:
    - measuring out a portion of chips instead of just eating them.
    - Trading chips for popcorn
    - Eating an apple before going for the chocolate
    - water first as a beverage

It worked! I'm down 4.8 lbs.
    This week, my focus is on sleep. There are tons of studies relating sleep to weight-loss and hunger and general health. So, my goal is to start a wind-down time at 11:00pm.

Anyone else want to join in on one health thing to focus on this week?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am going out on my bike in a few hours!

bestcee likes this.
  3. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Well done on your weight loss

I started exercising 3 times a week last week, and surprised myself and actually did 4 workouts. Then went for a 1 hour 20 minute walk today in the snow with hubby, son and dogs. From tomorrow we start our meal prepping and healthy eating.

I will join in with focusing on one health thing per week. Determined this year to get fit and healthy again, and start looking after myself more.

bestcee likes this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

This weeks mission is to figure out if in fact I am intolerant to both onion and garlic along with lactose by going down the route of low FODMAP https://www.monashfodmap.com/about-fodmap-and-ibs/ . I had gastric surgery years ago now and my gut has never been the same since. Had to consider looking into this as I’ve always had an inkling something was amiss but after being sick for days on end then not knowing what to eat in case I set things off again I decided I needed to take action. Going to be a long road as I have to do an elimination type diet over several weeks working out tolerance levels. I already know the situation with lactose as I’ve been lactose free for 10 years so it’s just figuring out the onion and garlic I think but I’ll test all the FODMAPs to be sure. So for the next little bit weight loss won’t be the goal but to get variety back in my diet. Right now my diet consists of very plain foods that may agree one day and disagree the next which is no fun.

5. bestcee

That's awesome!

6. bestcee

Finding out what you can eat is one thing!
    Plus, finding out where the intolerances are, and avoiding them, makes it easier to feel better more often right? It's a great place to start!

7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I missed the initial posting, but I'm trying to maintain my daily walking. Today was probably the coldest day of the year, but I braved it and am proud of myself. It definitely makes me feel better.

bestcee likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

Yes, thats the hope. Its just going to take a bit of work as onion and garlic are in so many things these days. It may just be that I can't have them in large quantities but I won't know for a bit. Thing is I've always had a suspicion that they cause me issues so its not a huge surprise that its come to this at all.

bestcee likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

Now that things have settled down again I’m going to make it an aim to track all my food and attend at least two virtual Weight Watcher workshops this month.

In better news over the past week I have 99% figured out that it’s garlic that I need to watch out for rather than onion though I still need to be careful about how much I eat of that so long term I may just eliminate both as much as possible.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

Do you use the app too?

11. littlekiwi

yes I do, much easier tracking that way I think.

bestcee likes this.