One Little Word | Pad Patter 11.28.15

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by scrapsandsass, Nov 28, 2015.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Does anyone do the One Little Word (or just choosing a word of focus)? Have you done it in the past? Did you have a word for 2015? I know that Ali Edwards does her year-long class... but there are tons of other ways of incorporating a word of focus into your life even if you don't take a class. Have you thought about the word you would pick for next year? What do you want to focus on in 2016? Can you pick just one word? If you do select a word, which methods do you use for highlighting that word or do you just keep it in the back of your mind and reflect on it occasionally?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

The whole idea of one word for an entire any length of time limits my tangents.
    Paaaaaaaassssssssssss. ;) :giggle

3. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I love the idea of one little word, but I've honestly never followed through. I would like to though, and I do plan to at least choose a word, again. Whether I can actually use it throughout the year is a different story!

4. ChristineElizabeth

ChristineElizabeth New Member

I tried last year and managed it for two maybe three months then life got crazy and I forgot about it

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I've actually done OLW for quite a few years. Some years I really use it throughout the year as a touchstone, scrap it, buy a piece of art or jewelry that uses the word, etc. Some years I don't stay as focused on it, but I do think it's interesting to look back on as a personal evolution in the progression of the words.

6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I've done OLW for several years. Some years I have kept on track, other years it seems to have morphed into something else. This year my mindframe held onto it, but my body changed it to Health (or time for Health). I'm thinking of a new one as we speak.

7. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

I did this one year and now for the life of me cannot remember what the word was. I did a layout about it and everything.

8. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I remember starting...but not being able to follow...
    Like Carrie, health is an issue that will take away most of the words one propose to put into action...

at this very moment I am having so much trouble make some life changing decisions.....I don't think I can have a word or anything much until I can decide on those... :(

9. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Breathe, nurture, allow, flow -- something that reminds you to take care of you and accept the changes. Or what is your goal through the changes? so that a word that might help you make those decisions? Or don't put the stress of having one word. It's just an idea.
    Now if I could come up with my word. ....