One kit scrapping

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, May 11, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Adding to this, I took a class as a paper scrapper where the teacher (maybe Stacy Julian?) encouraged us to just pick and go. So, instead of 1 hour, we were supposed to set a timer for 10 min to pick a photo. If we didn't have one at 10 min, then grab the photo you last took/printed. Now, 2 minutes to look at the photo - is there a kit you know you want to use with it? Or is there a particular color scheme you want to use? Grab the kit or 10 minutes to pick out all the papers and elements you want to use. The idea was to just go with it. Sure, you could spend 40 minutes looking for that one perfect paper, or you can spend 10 minutes getting that just fine paper and 30 minutes getting the page done. When I practiced this, it really helped me go faster. And I'm not sad about any of those pages. "Good enough" supplies keep the memory and photos and I don't worry about the rest.

For me, if I video myself scrapping, I find that I more often just go with the first option that works and move on. My video layouts are always faster than my non-video ones. (If only I would take the extra time and edit and get them posted!). But, the more often I video, the more I get into the habit and of just going with it and moving on instead of keep looking for perfect.

sm_amber, HavaDrPepper and cfile like this.