One down but boy it was stressful!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2019' started by littlekiwi, Jan 8, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i love this feature! (although sometimes i find other things that i *need* way from the drop down of similarly named items :whistle)

bestcee and Tree City like this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt What do you call a three-humped camel?

I'd definitely consider organizing by store at least for MOC. If you use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, you should get Bridge for free. I started using that to tag items and kits and you can create a multitude of tags for how you search by item/type/subject. Just a thought

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i used to (haven't so much this year because of visual history & the search bar) pin everything i have from the store (on a private board) and then i could browse my stash that way and for MOC, i can click thru and see what's in the store still that way

4. meagan43

meagan43 Active Member

I organize mine by store>designer>kitname when I find a kit of that designer that is retired, I add the word "retired" after the kit name. It the designer retires completely or goes to a shop that I never frequent, I have a Misc folder for that. At the start of MOC, I started double checking kits as I went to make sure what I had was current. I am still working on it, but at least have a headstart.

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Pretty much agree with all of the above. Being gone since June, I pick what I want to use and then go to the store to make sure it is all current. I didn't do this with MOC challenge 1 and realized three kits where no longer current. Had to go back and do the layout over. Well, replace some things, anyway. Checking first saves a LOT of time!!!
    OH, by the way-----what is "visual history"??????

cfile likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Go to the store, log in, then click on the black button in the upper right corner with the person symbol in white. Then click on visual order history and look at all your TLP purchases.

7. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

@NancyP Like Judy said, go to the store log in, and then click the person icon and see this menu:

Visual History.PNG

8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I prefer bridges made of concrete

Think I might have to flag this - really struggling to get inspired with my stash at the moment. I've half started two different challenges and not completed either of them today

9. bestcee

bestcee Lorelei and Rory are my neighbors

That's okay! If it doesn't work for you, let it go. Do the ones that do inspire you. Any layout is better than no layouts.

I feel you. I'm not struggling with stash, I'm struggling with time! I'm probably as far behind as you are. And my heart still says I can do it, but my brain is doubtful.