ok I'm done the Christmas RUSH.. and HOw many Presents..

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jstbkuz, Dec 23, 2009.

1. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

Well, I always think we give our kids too much. Rez you are making me feel better! :giggle

Santa brings them each the two biggest gifts on their lists and stuffs the stockings. Then we give them about 5-6 things each. My parents and ILs also give them lots of stuff and they get multiple gifts from our brothers and other relatives so they end up with a ton of stuff.

This year they're getting a ton of legos. Star wars legos, Spongebob legos, Toy Story legos, etc. My youngest is getting more of these Batman imaginext toys he loves and my oldest is getting a lot of books. And my parents bought them those zhu zhu hamster things with a bunch of the accessories. I'm wondering how they are going to like it. Ben has been asking for a real hamster for a while, so I'm hoping these will fill the void.

Shanna, your gifts sound wonderful. Every year I keep telling myself that we should cut back and focus more on the reason for the season.

2. eryn

eryn gross no longer

this year I had a tiny budget so it was only about $300 between 4 kids. But I got some major bargains and managed to get pretty much everything they asked for plus they get ridiculous amounts from MIL so it's all good!

3. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

Well, thankfully we only have one kid. LOL. He is almost 5 and is getting my old digital P&S, a photo album, a scrapbook album (yes, he scrapbooks with me), a globe, and some books. From Santa - lots of train track risers (his wish is to be able to get the track from the train table to the floor) and a car city track set. Stocking stuffers is mostly new art supplies. I am sure I am forgetting something. We tried to take it easy this year since he hardly plays with the toys he already has. Plus he will get plenty from his grandparents.

His bday is in early Feb and I am thinking we will be getting him one of the leapfrog video game systems. and games.

4. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I haven't read all these yet to compare...lol

But we have about 5-6 each not including stockings. It's more a dollar amount..and then there are three for all of them (games and things.)

Nada from granparents and one each from my sister, garret's older brother and his younger brother. :)

5. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

Father Christmas only does stockings at out house (books, craft supplies, the odd CD and DVD, always topped off with a cuddly toy) and the children open one present on Christmas Eve (which is always pyjamas but I don't think they have realised this yet, ha ha!). Last year the presents magically arrived under the tree while we are outside scattering "reindeer dust" and that went down really well so will do that again this year!

This year I've cut back on the number of presents the children are getting (my DD's birthday is at the start of December so we get a double hit of presents this month!). Our main family present is a Wii, which I will admit as as much for me as for the kids! The children have about 5 other presents each, including a wii game each, board games and playdoh sets - stuff that I know they will actually play with. They also got given some money from their Great-Grandma and they want to go shopping for new clothes (???!!) with that.

We'll give my stepsons some money, and go on a shopping trip with them so they can spend it! We did this last year too and it was a great day for my hubby and his boys.

6. AmySumrall

AmySumrall aka Joan

I went a bit overboard last year... and tried to behave this year. My kids are getting pretty much everything they asked for though. LOL.

Step DD Mila (7 years old)
    nintendo ds
    icarly game
    Moxey girls
    pogo stick
    stompers (she asked for stilts and these are the closest I could find)
    sewing machine
    clothes
    and a bunch of random stocking stuffers

Sophie (age 2)
    HoHo monkey (from Ni Hao Kailan)
    Trampoline .. just a small one with a bar to hold on to)
    2 wiggles movies
    a table and chair set
    a tea party set
    some crayola color exposion light up thingy
    clothes
    other random toys
    stocking stuffers

Emma (age 17)
    gift cards and cash LOL
    Makeup and random fun stuff for the stocking.

7. jstbkuz

jstbkuz needs a spanking

I LOVE YOU

8. jstbkuz

jstbkuz needs a spanking

yeah we don't have the parents that spoil them :( So we kinda make up for it.

9. InLoveWithDOTS

InLoveWithDOTS scrapping graduate

Drat! I wish I read this before Christmas! I am guessing they each get 15-20 or so plus stocking stuffers which are far better than the ones I remember as kids. I never meant to spoil my kids but I didnt think they were getting as much as everyone else! ETA.... what the heck..... this must be a regional thing.... I know many people in this area that spend $500 per kid..... I always shoot for $300 per kid (we have 5) but I know I went over this year. RIDICULOUS! I need to scale this back next year and focus on what the season is about.

Let me also add, though, I dont tend to buy my kids clothes other than for a light school shopping and VERY few things in the summer...... so lots of what they get (especially the girls) is clothes, which maybe you all buy outside of Christmas. I also usually do shoes for Christmas..... then they can get a nicer brand than what I could afford without justifying it because of the holiday.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  10. jdesai

jdesai Wonders what's in a name?

Hubby and i didn't exchange gifts this year. DD got 2 big ones and few smalls one like story books, colors and umbrella. :)